Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAP Community Downtime Scheduled for This Weekend

EP DMS Repositor Manager Indexing

dirk_naude
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

We have DMS Repository Manager for CM on EP SP9.

We can see documents in KM under /DMS and access them. But indexing does not work for this repository. I have mapped the service user INDEX_SERVICE to a back-end user. SSO works, and indexing of KM also works. The Application Log states: Indexing document failed. null

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

dirk_naude
Explorer
0 Kudos

No, we still have an OSS note outstanding on this. Will post to this topic as soon as we resolve the issue.

Good luck.

Dirk Naude

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem,

any news???

Please Help!

Regards

dirk_naude
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

We implemented SP13, and now it seems to be working better.

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

better?

Does it mean with SP13 it work?

and... are you talking about TREX or KM?

Thanks!

Giorgio

dirk_naude
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes, we installed SP13 on TREX and that seemed to solve the problem.

Good luck!

Regards

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dirk,

I am looking for such a DMS Repository Manager, but can't find any.

Have developed your own on basis of any API or is it standard?

If standard - where can I find it?

I read your other messages regarding this issue - but still can't figure out where I can configure it.

I would appreciate any advice

regards

Darijo

dirk_naude
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Darijo

The RM can be found in the Content Portfolio on SDN.

Click on Enterprise Portal, Content Prt search for DMS.

Hope it helps, follow the instructions in the documentation that can be found when clicking on the link in displayed.

Kind Regards

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dirk,

Thank you for the advice.

I have found the location but cannot download it.

I found another location in Marketplace, but don't know if it the same BusPackage.

Can you tell me what is the content of the BusPackage in SDN? Is it only an iView?

I found a epa and par file in Marketplace, but it seems that it is a release for EP6 SP2.

Do you have another deployable file?

regards

Darijo

dirk_naude
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes there is the epa and a couple of iViews in the BP.

There seems only to be the one vversion at the moment, the one on SDN worked on our SP9 portal. Give a try and see

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

now I got it.

The customer get through the sdn download.

We deployed the par and configured the system alias, whereas I am not sure what kind of connection is required.

I have buidl a simple R/3 connection but it doesn't work, instead i get connection errors as:

com.sap.netweaver.bc.rf.common.exception.IOOperationFailedException: Connection Failed: Verbindungsaufbau fehlgeschlagen:Connection Failed: Nested Exception. Failed to get connection. Please contact your admin.

at com.sap.pct.plm.dmsrmconnectorforkm.DMSRMR3FunctionCalls.openConnection(DMSRMR3FunctionCalls.java:5868)

that seems to me that something is missing.

did you configured somewhat for WAS connection in your system object?

kind regards,

Darijo

Message was edited by: Darijo Pavlic

dirk_naude
Explorer
0 Kudos

It looks like the indexing problem we are experiancing has to do with the fact that we are indexing DMS from the R3 side and the portal at the same time. Still no solution thus far.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you guys find a solution for this problem? I have a similar problem. The crawler fails to crawl documents and the application log shows errors as "Indexing Document failed: null". I am trying to index the Ume. I have my index and crawler working for other repositories. It's the Ume where I get errors. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mandar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I too have encountered the same issue on an EP 6.0 SP 11 system. I can access the content fine via KM Content, but when indexing the system fails to start a Crawler. The only error in the application log is "Indexing document failed. null". Has anyone else encountered this problem?