cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EP 7 SYSTEM COPY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have EP& running on Win 64/Oracle 10g (IBM) . .we are trying to copy a system in to same OS/DB in to HP server..inoder to do the system copy what is the recomended way of doing it?? think we have to go for a Homogeniuos sys copy..do i need to install EP on new box before we do the system copy or will the installation of OS is enough for this ?? your expertise is highly appreciated..

Regards

Buddhike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Perera,

you can do System Copy in two ways 1.Homogeneous System Copy and 2.Heterogeneous System Copy.

Homogeneous system copy is copy into same environment i mean os,sap,and db should be same where as heterogeneous is copy into different environment one os to another

Regards

Chandu

Award points if understood...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brad

Thank you for your advice..one more thing i need to know, before running the Sapiens do i have to disconnect LDAP/Source Systems ?? any perticuler things to be done before i do the dump?? do you have any doc which explain the scenario and steps of getting a sys copy and restore in target system..

Regards

Buddhike

brad_landry2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can find all guides at service.sap.com/systemcopy.

I had to do some minor config export for my oracle db on the source system to import them on the target (howto in the guide).

I did not have to disconnect my ldap when I did my system copy (without UME the portal does not start anyway).

The systemcopy on EP7 is very easy.

Brad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Will you be able to share with me the DB configrations which you have done in both ends?? we are using Oracle 10g..appreciate your assitance in this regard..if you have any docs please mail it to buddhikep@yahoo.com or buddhikep@gmail.com

Regards

Buddhike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Perera,

First give the rewards man you got good information about the System Copy still you are not giving any rewards..

Regards

Chandu..

brad_landry2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if the target server is the same os / db version, yes, you need an homogenous system copy.

Run system copy from sapinst on the source server. Sapinst will do a java dump of portal and db.

Install OS and DB on target system (both clean).

Run sapinst on target system, select system copy (target), and it will ask for the java dump and a new SID.

Brad