Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EP 7.30 SP 5 to SP14 post upgrade compatibility issues in IE11

suba_jaya
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have done patching in EnterprisePortal from EP7.30 SP5 to EP7.30 SP14.  Post Patching, we have compatibility issues in Portal in all the tabs like ESS, MSS,CRM,SRM,BI.  Screens are not rendered properly.  SRM screens are giving 400 bad request and some functionalities are missing MSS screens.

Screens are rendered small.

We are using IE11 OS - Windows 8.1. EP7.30 SP14.

If Enterprise Mode is ON from Tools options, these screens are working as expected.  But we need a solution to work without Enterprise Mode ON.

Also, if we close the browser, enterprise mode is disabled and every time it needs to be enabled by user which is not advisable.

I have read in many forums that Browser Document Mode iview is set to IE=5, IE=EmulateIE7.  This also I checked and it is same.

Can anyone please guide us on this?

Regards,

Subashini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Subashini

I hope you are keeping well and many thanks for using the Discussion Forums here on SCN .

In relation to the scenario that you have described you mentioned the following:

• Recent patching in Portal EP7.30 SP5 to EP7.30 SP14 and now have compatibility issues in all the tabs like ESS, MSS,CRM,SRM,BI. Screens are not rendered properly.  SRM screens are giving 400 bad request and some functionalities are missing MSS screens. Screens are rendered small - using IE11 OS - Windows 8.1. EP7.30 SP14.

Ok now in relation to the description you provided above could you kindly provide clarification on the following:

• Post Patching did you clear the Portal/Browser Caches & Restart the Portal Service?
  • Is this issue reproducible in all Portal Themes/Framework combinations?

Now as you mentioned you have reviewed some configurations surrounding the Browser Document Mode which is good. An important point to highlight when dealing with browser related issues is to main a simple high level perspective on the setup as with all the different parameters and settings at play such instances/scenarios can graduate and become quite complex quickly.

Secondly based upon your utilization of IE11 as the primary Web Browser Platform in this instance the important point to highlight is that with each web browser comes a set of vital configurations which need to be maintained in order to support optimal performance in terms of rendering and navigation presentation.

The first point of reference is the blog posting outlined below. Kindly cross-reference the blog and ensure your configurations for IE11 are maintained correctly.

IE and Portal – Standards/Quirks Mode Evolution (or Love-Hate Relationships)

http://scn.sap.com/community/enterprise-portal/blog/2014/09/03/ie-and-portal-standardsquirks-mode-ev...ps

Now IE11 is officially supported by the portal only from 7.30 SP11 as stated in note 1907397 so compatibility is not an issue here.

I would recommend cross-referencing the blog posting outlined above in conjunction with SAP Note: - SAP Note: 1458799 - Limited supportability for IE8 and above in the Portal to ensure all parameters and properties are maintained correctly before retesting the scenario.

Kindly update me as per your findings.

Please note that due to processing obligations I will respond to this thread as time permits.

Kind Regards

Troy Cronin - Enterprise Portal Support Engineer

Follow

suba_jaya
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Troy,

Thanks for  your reply.  I have done the below:

• Post Patching did you clear the Portal/Browser Caches & Restart the Portal Service?
    • Yes, I have cleared the Portal Cache and restarted the portal.  It still exists.
  • Is this issue reproducible in all Portal Themes/Framework combinations?
    • Yes, tried with classic, AJAX, Tradeshow.  Still exists - saying you are calling this website with a browser that is not supported.

Browser Document Mode iview in AFP does not make any difference though it has IE=5,IE=EmulateIE7 as suggested in links.

Opening 'N' number of iviews in new headerless window is not advisable and user will not accept as it will be confusing to them.

I checked the PAM and found that for EP7.30 SP14 IE11 Windows 10 is supported.  But we are in Windows 8.1.  Does this affect our Portal?

https://support.sap.com/content/dam/library/ssp/infopages/pam-essentials/TIP/NW73PAMBrow.pdf

Please guide me on this.

Regards,

Subashini

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subashini

Many thanks for the response and update and my apologies for the short delay in response as I have been on a workshop project.

Regarding your analysis findings and highlights you mentioned that the Browser Document Mode iview within AFP holding the values of IE=5,IE=EmulateIE7 does not make a difference.

In theory the Developer Tools (F12) should override any discrepancy or any document mode specified by a webpage.

In IE11 there has been some follow on issues even with the correct parameters being maintained.

Could you kindly follow the link below and review the IE11 section especially reviewing the regression fixes to see if this resolves the issue at hand:

http://scn.sap.com/community/enterprise-portal/blog/2015/05/21/rendering-issues-when-running-portal-...

Kindly update me as per your findings.

Kind Regards & Talk Soon

Troy Cronin - Enterprise Portal Support Engineer