cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EP 7.0 and Back End System Connection + Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying o configure certain Backend system with my Portal System in our landscape. Actually I want to implement a scenario where i can manage all the system via my Portal itself. My backend systems are ECC 5.0 , Solution Manager 3.2 SR1, R/3 4.7 SR1, BW 3.5 & CRM 4.0.

Till now I have configured the SSO between the Portal and the target system. But Now I am confused with how to proceed further for achieving this scenario.

Please help me ...

Thanking you in advacnce ...

Regards,

Premkishan Chourasia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Premkishan,

From portal you can connect to all the systems you have mentioned and integrate it.

But what i feel is, it is through solution manager you control all your systems. From solution manager you can take control of BW, R/3 portal and other systems. This is my understanding. You can have alerts, control user creation etc.

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

Can you please tell me in detail what do you mean by "From portal you can connect to all the systems you have mentioned and integrate it", Especially the integrate stuff.

And also do let me know what is the use of SSO between a target system and the portal?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Premkishan,

One of the main use of EP is SSO.

Normally you login to SAP R/3, BW, CRM etc individually. For each system you have to enter the user name and password. But using EP, once you log into EP you can access SAP R/3, BW, CRM etc without logging to each of the systems. What happens is, by setting the SSO configuration for each system (SAP R/3, BW, CRM etc) the user id of Portal is mapped with the respective user id of SAP R/3 , BW and CRM. The Logon ticket contains the userid information. The portal uses this logon ticket to loggin to respective systems.

Another user of EP is Drag and relate. By using this Hyperrelational navigation technology (HRNP) you can drag a sales order id from SAP R/3 iview into BW iview to get the sales details etc.

1. Connecting SAP R/3 with Portal

You have to create a system object with the R/3 details and create a system alias.

You create a iview (can be transaction iview or IAC ) for any transaction or IAC and pointing to the R/3 system you created.

Now you execute the iview in portal. The correponding SAP R/3 screen is displayed.

2. Connecting BW with portal.

You have to create another system with the BW details and create a system alias.

You create a BW report iview in portal pointing towards the BW system object you created. Give the BW query url in the iview.

Now execute the iview you will be able to see the BW report in the portal.

Hope this is what you required.

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

Actually I want to implement a scenario where-in My portal system acts as a Single point of Entry for all the users in my organization. To be more explanatory let us take a simple exmaple for the same. Let us say that USR01 is an employee of my organization XYZ. He is a project manager by designation for the CRM Team.

So he when he logs on to the Portal system he should be able to carry out his CRM related activity by connecting to the CRM Backend System.

Apart from that he should be able to input his ESS/MSS information in the particular backend server.

So can depending on the usage and the role the user should be able to work from his the Portal itself by making the use of the SSO.

I have implemented the SSO configuration between the Portal and the Backend system , But I am unaware of the further steps/

If you have anyDocument describing all this then please forward me same . It will be really great.

Please help me for the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Premkishan,

Check this weblogs

You have mentioned that SSO configuration between portal and backend system is done. So you are almost done with CRM part.

You can download the ESS/MSS package from SDN and import into your portal.

This you can get it from SDN. Click on downloads from the top level navigation in sdn. A page is displayed. Click portal content portfolio. In the right hand side panel you click on list of packages. From there choose your correct ESS and MSS package and Keyword search option enter that and search. You will get the downloads.

Check these urls

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/21eb036a-0a01-0010-25a3-b22...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/developerareas/contentportfolio

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Premkishan,

Check these links also

https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/mss for MSS and

https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/ess for ESS

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/21eb036a-0a01-0010-25a3-b22...

http://kwhelp.sap.com/SAPIKS/S3e4a37b5f4e4411b88d9b72b7d884869/KW/IWB_STRUCT~21D0EB3B19C10401E10000000A114084/IWB_EXT

HLP~1CD0EB3B19C10401E10000000A114084/?LANGUAGE=EN&RELEASE=50_2003_Q4&IWB_INDUSTRY=EP_CONTENT&IWB_COUNTRY=&TMP_IWB_TASK=

DISPLAY

http://service.sap.com/ess and mss -> media library

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

How abt incase if i have ECC 5.0, Solution manager, BW 3.5, SRM & SEM System ion my landscape.

Can you please tell me what needs to be done for them after SSO has been configured on these systems?

Regards,

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Premkishan,

You have to configure SSO with each of the systems you have mentioned. Once this is done create what iviews you need and attach these iviews to respective pages and then attach these pages to respective worksets or roles. Then attach roles to the users. This depends on the requirement. Some users may be limited to access some roles etc.

Then the users loggin to their ids in portal and able to access the iviews from these systems you have mentioned using SSO.

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thanks a lot for your info.

I request you to please give me the steps and required to create an iview and of what type and then how do i attach them to respective pages/worksets/Roles.

I am unaware of all these. Kidly help me for the same.

Thanking you in advance ...

Regards,

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Premkishan,

Login to portal as super administrator.

Go to content administration-->portal content.

Expand the portal_content. Right click on the portal content and create new folder. Enter the folder name and id and save the folder.

Now right click the folder created and choose create iview. All the templates are displayed. Now choose your template eg. SAP transaction iview. enter the iview name and id and the transaction code and the system. now the iview is created.

Now right click the folder and choose create page. Page template is displayed. Now choose the option and enter the name and id. Choose layout as 1 column now and save the page. close the page. now page is created.

Right click the page and choose edit. Now select the iview and right click the iview and choose add iview to page as delta link and save. Close the page.

Now right click the folder and choose create workset. enter the name and id and save.

Now right click the folder and choose create role and enter the name and id and save the role. close the role

Now right click the role and choose edit. In the right hand side just highlight the role. now right click the workset created and choose add workset to role. Workset is added to role. now highlight the workset and right click the page and choose add page to workset delta link. the page is added to the workset.

Now go to the user administration --> roles.

From the drop down box select the user and chose search. the user is displayed. In the right side you see the edit link. click on this link. Another screen is displayed. Now choose the role from the right side bottom and chhose add button. Once you select add it will be displayed at top. Now select the check box and choose save button on the left side. Now the role is attached to the user.

Now the user loggs on the portal he sees the roles.

Regards

Arun

former_member192029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

check the document

http://help.sap.com/bp_epv260/EP_EN/documentation/EP/N03_BB_InstallGuide_EN_US.doc

Cheers

Jawahar Govindaraj

Ps;reward pts

Answers (0)