cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EP 6.0 SP2 Patch 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any feedback regarding any known problems with implementing EP 6.0 SP2 Patch 5.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I managed to fix the problem. I had followed note 639534 and deleted the dbcon_acl connection pool previously, but upon installation of the patch a new dbcon_acl connection pool was added but configured for SQL Server (we are on Oracle). I deleted the corresponding XML file in the "E:\usr\sap\EP00\global\config\cm\config\local\data\cm\utilities\connection_pools" folder and now the portal starts correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

BIG problems here after Patch 5 for KCM install. Every

KMC iview displays an error instead of content. Deletion

of dbcon_acl pool didn't help either. Error samples may

be found in this thread ->

Thanks all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I solved it. Check my last post in this thread

for details.

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

I did patch from P4 HF8 (a quite stable but often patched/hotfixed developer installation) (only the portal patch until now, for the KM patch time was too short; and now I'm on vacation).

Almost no problem except one: the server installation had disappeared within the management console. I had to add it one more time. After that, everything has worked quite well.

For KM P5 seems to be a "hot" Patch with HF2 delivered at the same time, I'm not that unlucky to wait another two weeks, so that other experts have the chance to make their experience and offer solutions to problems here on SDN in the meantime

Best regards

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

The patch for the portal itself works just fine for us on a fresh install with the new CD with patch 4 preinstalled, but I can't make the portal work after installing patch 5 for KMC. The server loads almost completely but then hangs at this line :

Loading service: com.sap.workflow.apps|WFPortalService

I tried deploying multiple times and every time the deployment completes successfully, but I still get this problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried to do a thread dump as described in note 599539. This will help you see what is happening (and you could decompile some code in order to find out why it is happening)