cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EP 6.0 SP2 Extremely flexible UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to use KM to build up a "Mini-CMS".

I found the document "Configure the HTML Collection Renderer for the KM flexible user interface", which is very useful.

In my Scenario, I would like to have the same behavior (HTML above, KM at the bottom), but with an additional tree list on the left side for navigation purposes (like in the admin explorer).

I don't want to use the Detailed Navigation for that purpose, because it is far more easy to create a folder instead of an iView...

Does anybody have an idea, how to realize this?

Probably I need to have a corresponding Layout Controller?

Kind regards,

Stefan Schmidt

Message was edited by: Stefan Schmidt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am looking into implementing the same functionality. Do you have any documentation on how this can be done. Your help would be grealy appreciated.

-Rabih

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Can you please send me the same to sm@z6.com? I tried download it from the above link, it does not work.

Kiran.

Hansi_Richstein
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

What you would have to do is simply create the layoutcontroller you would need for your usecase. This is some 10 minute thing to do when you have your dev. environment up and running. FlexUI was meant to be totally extendable by programming -- and it really is. Releasing the necessary APIs, however, had to be delayed due to some technical constraints behind the scenes. This will change from EP6 SP2 Patch 6 on, and for NW04 SPS4 and above.

For the time being, if you can prove to be desperate enough, I'll send you a readymade layoutcontroller to plug and play and demo with it, courtesy of the FlexUI team (without any further support, however).

Another thing you could do on your own in SP2 already is write a so-called component, which is a decoration mechanism that we introduced in EP6 SP1. Component decorations are controls that are positioned around collection renderers (e.g. breadcrumbs, pagers and so forth). The IComponent-Interface is released, so you could develop an IComponent to be put on top of the right-hand list collection renderer. The next thing you would then have to do is to retrieve the required commands (IExecCommand, released) from the command factory and ask it for the appropriate event-link (getLinkAttributes()) to be rendered. This is basically what the HTML-renderer does when it encounters the special http://com.sap.cm protocol.

We will probably put this layout schema into the standard (and maybe some more variations) for NW04 SPS5 and EP6 P6++ (whatever it will be called...), since it sounds pretty useful in general. THIS IS HOWEVER NOT AN OFFICIAL COMMITMENT.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hans-Juergen,

Could you please send the layoutcontroller example to me also? We are trying to achieve similar functionality.

Thanks

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're trying to implement the exact same "mini-CVS" on a project. Since our client has a considerable amount of static HTML files, the idea was to publish them on the CM and to use a layoutcontroller to substitute the Detailed Navigation iView to allow repository browsing.

Would it be possible to send us the demo as well? We've tried to play around with some of the examples that came bundled with EP6 but none of them have the characteristics we're looking for...

Cheers,

Pedro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hans,

Can you send (by mail: greydmar.cunha@agilesolutions.com)me this layout controller ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can find a zip file containing the code and a jar with a proper layout controller right here:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/downloaditem.sdn?res=/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/...

I will write a weblog explaining the deployment of this layout controller asap and will put a link to this article in here as soon as it is ready ... for the time being you may start with this.

Regards, Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi klaus,

I am doing similar stuff. Is it possible to send me the zip file through email. mbadrinath@hotmail.com

Thanks

Badri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anybody having this file send it to me?

Thanks

Kiran