Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EP 6.0.13.0 : iView : System Alias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am loggin as Admin.

I want to see all the System and their Alias !!!

where can i find it out ????

Points assured !!!

Thanks

Kay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Iview is called 'System Landscape Overview'

Here is itz path:

pcd:portal_content/com.sap.pct/admin.templates/iviews/editors/com.sap.portal.systemLandscapeOverview

Or find it this way:

Content Administration Role->PCD->Content Provided by SAP->Admin Interfaces->Admin iView Templates->Portal Editors->Portal Editors->System Landscape Overview

It displays,

System Name - Default Alias -Other Aliases - System ID

<b>Plz don forget points, if it helped.</b>

Regards,

p.

Message was edited by: M Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter

Thanks for that !!!

Is that we can create a new Alias for a System ???

Thanks

Kay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Itz an Overview iview where you can see the list of systems and thier aliases.

From system administration Tab, u can right click in the PCD to create a new System and assign an alias.

Thanks.

<b>Plz don forget points, if it helped.</b>

P.

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kay,

if you want to update the aliases and at the same time have a system overview, System Administration - System Configuration - System Landscape - Search - Object Type: System - Search for: "*" - Press Search.

Now all systems and system templates are displayed and on the system you can right-cick - Open - System Aliases, and update them in the upcoming screen (don't forget to save!

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter/Detley

Thanks for the details !!! It really helped a lot !!!

But i am LOST now in DSR !!!

Basically I created a DSR routine that with the following details: ( I am resolving the Alias for a CRM system named OCD_200 whose ID = pcd:portal_content/com.rmg.fdr.jk/systems/sap_crm/com.rmg.OCD/com.jk.org.OCD_200)

Class Name: MyDynaResolutionClass

Alias : dynamic_system_kk

Resolving : myresolvingservicename

In the PORTAL, System Admin --> Sys Config -->System Landscape --> In a small window Protal Content >jk> systems -->sap crm --> ocd -->ocd200.

I have added my system alias <b>dynamic_system_kk</b> and saved..

I am here and i dont know What to do next ????

My plan is to TEST whether my RESOLVING SERVICE works or not ??

Help Please !!!!!

Forgot to say, that I have Deployed the PAR and checked the Resolving Service and Alias are REGISTERD and started !!!

Thanks

Kay

Message was edited by: Kay

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi Kay,

Make sure NOT to define the alias in the PCD (as I think you have done by mistake). If you define an alias in the PCD and in the portal registry to be resolved dynamically, then the getSystemId() method of the system landscape service will throw an AmbiguousAliasException exception and will not be able to resolve the alias.

TESTING:

If the alias is only defined in the portal registry, then getting back any data shows that the resolving service was called and is probably working OK.

In order to really test it, you should have 2 systems defined that would return different data. Then run your iView under different conditions (such as with different users) so that your alias resolves to one system under one condition and resolves to the other under another condition -- and see if you get the correct data each time.

Hope this helps.

I assume you read the DSR documentation at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/21/dfd241cb76c417e10000000a155106/frameset.htm. If you have a question about it, please let me know.

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel

System Name : dynamic_system

System Alias : dynamic_system_kk

I copied an customed iView (URL Type) and modified. The original iView was pointing to a System(Sales_Order with alias as CustSalesOrder)

<b>How do i Change the System(from sales_order to dynamic_system) seen in my copied iView.</b> And i have to change the Alias from CustSalesOrder to my alias dynamic_system_kk.

Thanks

Kay

Message was edited by: Kay

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi Kay,

Sorry, but I'm a little confused where we are right now.

Can you just review what you have created:

• iViews (Query iView, URL iView, something else, or a custom AbstractPortalComponent)

• Systems (what systems defined with what aliases defined in the PCD)

• Registry entries (what aliases are defined here)

-

For a simple JDBC database, you would have something like this (at least to test):

• Create system(s) without aliases.

• Create and deploy DSR service. This created registry entry for alias, and the deployed service will resolve this alias to one of the above systems.

• Create Query iView with the alias.

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel

Everything is fine !!! Except one !!!!

Do i have to do anything on Permission side ???

Becoz i am unable to see my System Alias in the URL iView Editor ????

Thanks

Kay

Answers (0)