cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Portal 6.0 and IIS Webserver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our client is having a existing IIS webserver and going to implement Enterprise portal 6.0 and is planning to go for Apache Reverse proxy.

My doubts are ,

1. Is it possible to implement IIS webserver in the Enterprise portal System itself so that the existing webserver hardware can be used for implementing Apache Reverse Proxy. If possible what are all the drawbacks of it ?

2. Is the IIS webserver is compatible with Enterprise Portal 6.0 and Apache Reverse proxy ?

My advance thanks,

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Thankyou verymuch for your reply,

We are planning to go for IIS webserver and Apache reverse proxy.

So the end of maintanance of IISproxy.dll will it have any adverse effect of IIS webserver ?

My advance thanks

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

Why would you use both? IIS could also be a reverse proxy.

When you use the IISProxy.dll (sap delivered) beyond end january 2006, you will not get support from SAP. There is a note explaining the maintenance coverage. It most likely means that you can get support, but for a consulting fee.

Regards,

James

Former Member
former_member195896
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

the IIS ISAPI module which is used for NTLM authentication is going out of maintainence --> IISProxy. SAP has delivered another solution with SAP15. the SPNEGO login module. if you are using IISProxy then you will be affected.

cheers,

Shantanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinay,

1. Is it possible to implement IIS webserver in the Enterprise portal System itself so that the existing webserver hardware can be used for implementing Apache Reverse Proxy. If possible what are all the drawbacks of it ?

-Yes, you can obviously run IIS on the portal, but you would like to setup IIS as an intermediary server within your DMZ'd. Apache Reverse Proxy is fully supported on as an intermediary server.

2. Is the IIS webserver is compatible with Enterprise Portal 6.0 and Apache Reverse proxy ?

-Both IIS 6.0, and Aparche Reverse Proxy are compatible with EP 6.0. IISproxy.dll has a end of maintenance from SAP.

James