cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ensuring SP1 Usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there anything that I can check in my application to ensure that I do in fact have SP1 in place peoperly? Perhaps a library checksum, or a method that appears in SP1 that is not in SP0? Anything at all that I can use to make sure that I have the correct librarlies and scripts in place.

We manually retrofitted the libraries and scripts we downloaded as part of SP1 to an existing application, so I want to make sure that I did so properly.

Chuck Doherty

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May I know the product you are using?

Generally updates are in the form of jars.We can extract the jar files and compare the MANIFEST.MF

file to figure out.

Thanks,

Neeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Crystal Reports 11 for Eclipse. The jar files I have as part of SP1 are of the same name and size as those we had originally.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Theres nothing like Crystal Reporrts for Eclipse 11.

To check whether Eclipse installed is latesst build please make sure that you have downloaded it with right package i.e. Crystal Reports for Eclipse 2.0

Navigate through following -->

Help Menu >About Eclipse SDK>(click on crystal report symbol)Crystal Report Feature

For CR4E 2.0 you would see version as 2.0.0

For CR4E 2.0 SP1 you would see version as 2.0.1

Regards,

Tej

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using Crystal Reports For Eclipse v2.0 SP1?

If "Yes" then follow these steps:

Open Crystal Reports For Eclipse IDE v2.0 /v2.0 SP1:

1)Click Help->About Eclipse SDK

2)Click on Crystal Reports Icon

3)A Wizard will get open

4)Check Version There.

Follow the same with other version to compare.

Here is the readme for CR4E2.0 SP1, listing all the fixes.

http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/crystalreportsforeclipse/2_0/cr4ev2_readme.pdf

Check out the top most thread of this forum.

Thanks,

Neeraj

Edited by: Neeraj SP on May 26, 2009 8:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

That will not help me. This application has had the libraries manually placed into it. I would like to check the libraries themselves; not through the SDK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Extract the jar files and compare the MANIFEST.MF file to figure out. Take any jar file and Extract it.

It has following entry in \META-INF\MANIFEST.MF file:

Implementation-Version: 12.2.202.566 ( for CR4E 2.0 SP1)

Implementation-Version: 12.2.200.454 ( for CR4E 2.0 )

Thanks,

Neeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Extract any one of the crystal jars, Expand the META-INF folder and view the MANIFEST.MF.

Check the implementation-Version.

For Cr4E 2.0 SP1 It could be 12.2.202.x

For CR4E 2.0 It could be 12.2.200.x

Regards,

Tej

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you - that answered my question. I was able to confirm that these are in fact the SP1 libraries per your instructions.

cd

Answers (0)