Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancing standard SAP code in CAP

former_member643578
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all..

In ABAP we have some hooks to enhance standard SAP code like Customer-exists, enhancement-points..etc. In CAP(Node.js) where and how should we implement business logic like ABAP. Please share your thoughts...

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vansyckel
Employee
Employee

Hi Vasundhara,

There are currently no coding extensions, but we have it on our long term roadmap. Security is a huge concern here, as CAP apps are multi-tenant and run on shared resources.

Best,
Sebastian

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you're building a new CAP app you implement your business logic using Custom Logic in the service implementation. You add custom Event Handlers.

former_member643578
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gregor ..

For new CAP application I can implement my own custom logic.

But how can customer can implement his own logic?

Actually in ABAP we have code enhancements (implicit, explicit enhancements) with these enhancements we can make sure that the customer code will not get overridden even after new version of application /product. So in node.js based business logic implementation, do we have any such feasibility to introduce code enhancements?( this customer logic will not overridden even after new version of the application deployment).Please let me know If CAP has any such feasibility?

gregorw
Active Contributor

I think you have to check out SaaS Extensibility

former_member643578
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gregor..

I gone through the Saas Extensibility. In that they created a new extension project. But I just want to add the code in already implemented project without disturbing the previous code(like code enhancements in ABAP). Please let me know If there any functionality without creating new extension project?