cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancements in both CMOD and BADI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have enhancements for the std extractors in CMOD right now. There are some new requirements and some new fields that have to be enhanced to these extractors. Going forward we have decided to do these new field enhancements using BADIs. I understand that we can convert the CMOD exit to BADIs using transaction SPAU.

Is this necessary ?

Let's say in an extractor 5 fields (old) are enhanced using CMOD and 5 fields (new) using BADI. Any potential issues ? or any conversions that have to be made ?

I appreciate your responses.

Thanks

Message was edited by:

KK

Message was edited by:

KK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have used both BADIs and User Exits and both works in similar way....you create something (RFC or Object) that is executed in an specifically moment in a transaction....CMOD Exits are RFCs and BADIs are Objects.... is not necesary to upgrade this...unless you have an standard reason for this.....i have worked in paralell with both ....SAP give in some cases standards BADIs in some cases RFCs....i not recommend you to convert the CMOD user exits to BADIs because this change the standard programs and transactions....and.....you would need a basis support in order to watch if all affected transactions are running well after upgrade.....

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

How about the conversion of the exits that are in CMOD ?

Let's me explain it again ...

extractor : 0hrposition_attr ...we have decided to append 10 new fields.

5 of these fields are already enhanced using userexits in cmod.

the other 5 fields are enhanced using BADI...

Now the question: these userexits in CMOD have to be converted to BADIs...

Is this conversion necessary ?

It is neccessary because you would be looping twice once in BADI and in CMOD. What would be the best way to convert this CMOD exit to BADI ?

null

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oscar/ KK

We are in the process of beginning to write Tech Spec for Master Datasource enhancment. Since this project is on 2004S and SAP's recommendation is to use BADI instead of user exits, we wanted to base the development purely on BADIs.

There are no mixed bad developments here.

I am wondering if you have any sample Tech Spec workproduct using BADIs or can direct me to the right source. Also, any how to docs using BADIs for Datasource enhancement will be useful.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Raj

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KK, I am exactly in the same situation as you faced for HR Master data extraction enhancement. I am not yet able to populate the new field using BAdI RSU5_SAPI_BADI. I hope you were able to solve the issue. Please let me know how and if you can answer for my question at the following thread I could be able to assign points.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Moorthy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If both works fine.... you dont need to convert anything.....most of the cases, standard BADIs and user exits are exclusive and doesn´t work for the same purpose.....

Regards

former_member666940
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello KK,

Using these many exits and customizations , Definitely there will be performance issues. That depends on the logic of the code. For more information go to OSS and search for performance optimizations.

SRS