cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enhancement on 0CUSTOMER_ATTR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to add three new fields(store open date, district and store type) in datasource 0CUSTOMER_ATTR(extract structure: BIW_KNA1_S), and loading from 0customer master data table to BW.

could anybody advice me what is the steps of adding these fields into the datasource? suppose they are currently exiting in one of the transparent table/view, how and where i can write a user exit to link these filed from the DB vewi/table to the datasource??

Thank you for any input,

Ping

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

goto rsa6 highlight on this ds and then click on enhance ext struct button, an append structure name starting with z.. is proposed by the system, accept it and add ur corresponding 3 fields and save it. then goto rsa6 in edit mode(pencil icon) double click on this ds and u'll find the 3 fields added and now uncheck the hide column for these 3 added fields, then generate the ds or ctl+s. goto se37, type in fm name exit_saplrsap_002 and double click on the include zx... and goto edit mode, here u can write the logic as to how ur going to fill the fields, like...

case i_datasource.

WHEN '0CUSTOMER_ATTR'

Message was edited by: ravi raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thank you for your advuce, I have rewarded the points to this. thank you:)

one more question is:is the transaction 'LBWE" used to insatll and mantian DS, and then transfer to "RSA6"?

How can we install the DS in LBWE, and then do the transfer;

and how can i generate the DS in RSA6?(i didn't find them in the menu..).

waiting for your input,

Ping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ping,

LBWE tcode is for LO extraction which is with transactional datasources and this one 0customer_attr is a master datasource. first see whether 0customer_attr is transferred from rsa5 to rsa6. if u see it avaialble in rsa6 then it means it is already transferred.

<i>how can i generate the DS in RSA6?</i>

just goto rsa6, sap r/3 -> lo-io -> 0customer_attr. single click on this ds and press on pencil icon it will take u to a screen where u can generate the ds or save the datasource or press ctl+S in that screen. (menu datasurce - generate).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you saying that LBWE is used for transaction DS installation, while rsa5 is used for master DS installation? if that the case, for transaction DS, after they are installed in LBWE, they should also be transfered into rsa6, is it?

Thank you,

Ping

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. All ds's whether it is master or transactional will be found in rsa5. tcode LBWE is for LO datasources like for application areas like purchasing, delivery, billing, sales, inventory etc. for every ds (master or transactional) u should first transfer it from rsa5(business content) to rsa6(active version). The procedure for maintaing extract structures for LO datasources is different from other ds's. U maintain it in LBWE only for LO ds's. Hope i am a bit clear now.