Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhanced field and customer specific solution

charles_paulet
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I work in a customer FP35 tenant with the last ByD Studio.

I would like to export sale order items to a thrird party application.

So, I try to create a web service with the BO SaleOrder.

My issue :

In the Web service creation wizard, I can't see sale order enhanced field (field created by other key user directly in ByD IHM).

Now that I have created a solution, I can't see enhanced field with my PDI dev user in ByD IHM too.              

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can only Access Field Extensions if they were Created by your Application via ByDesign Studio.  You will have to extend the BO in Bydesign Studio then Enhance the Screens , Then create your webservice.

charles_paulet
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer.

I'm agree with you and it is bad for my case.

In fact, I have to recreate exented field in ByD.

So, I will loose all history of old key user extended field (more then 1000 lines)

I don't want to fill them manualy in the UI 😞

Former Member
0 Kudos

You guys are missing out on my trick for getting the Adapted Extension Field tags to use in a web service.

In your SO extension fields, with further usage, extend to the customer invoice business scenario.

Then when your fields are in the customer invoice, go to further usage again, and enable the fields in the customer invoice template. Create a customer invoice with the extension fields, go to the output, and you'll get the XML tags for the adapted extension fields.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe you can go over how you go about using these tags in a Webservice? How do they appear in the WSDL with this Trick? How do you get them out of the a Sales Order Webservice that is created via BYD studio?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will once I have a little time. It's a pain in the ass process.

Answers (0)