cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

END ROUTINE-- Field not Populating

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In attached code i want to populate ZORIGIND (Invoice data) from ZSC_O0600 DSO. Please check attached code. But it's populating this field. There is no error. I also did the debugging and i could see this field is populating in RESULT_PACKAGE.

Any suggestion why it's not populating in my target DSO. It is coming as a blank field.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Their is nothing wrong with the code.Please check the data for that new field will be present in new data table and after activation it will blank.

The reason for the same is that it is not identifying that field.

Double click on transformation---Edit----Ctrl+Shift+F7---then select the radio button--All target fields (independent of active rules).

This will solve your issue.

Please revert back once you try this.

Regards,

AL

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

anilkumar_kalkivai
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

Open Fields tab of your datasource, there is a checkbox for Transfer.

Check whether that checkbox is checked or not.

some times, that will unchecked by default for the newly enhanced fields.

Regards,

Anil.

former_member726451
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

does field ZORIGIND is assigned in the transformation for any rule type? Sometimes I've seen this problem, if you don't assing mapping rule to field and the field is modified in end routine, this change is not applied.

Please, check this:

Assign constant value empty to field ZORIGIND in mapping rule (using rule type Constant = '#'). your code is correct, you shouldn't modify nothing. Execute the transformation, I believe this field will be populated.

I hope to help you

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshu,

It's worked my friend. Thanks for that. I also found one more way if i add my field under key field in DSO then it also work. But i follow your suggestion and it also worked.

Thanks,

pawan

anilkumar_kalkivai
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

All changes from your work area should be updated to RESULT_PACKAGE.

In your code i didn't find any append or modify statement for RESULT_PACKAGE.

Try to debug and check the RESULT_PACKAGE is getting records as per requirement or not.

Regards,

Anil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

I checked i am getting records in RESULT_PACKAGE. Can you give any suggestions what need to change? I did the debugging i am getting records in RESULT_PACKAGE

ravi_chandra3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi anil,

Whenever u use the field-symbol there is no need to write modify/append statement at the end .

Automatically it will be modified in the result_pacakge internal table.

anilkumar_kalkivai
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the information.

Regards,

Anil.

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check my reply it will solve your issue.

Regards,

AL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

It solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pawan,

Even I too faced this kind of issue once. The solution I came across is pretty simple.

Coming to my scenario, I populated a particular field say ZORDER_NO using an transformation end routine. The coding which I wrote was perfectly working and even does not have any syntax errors. But, at the time of loading data ZORDER_NO is not being filled by the end routine. The reason behind is, I have not maintained any mapping in the transformation as the field needs to be populated by the end routine. So, i simply assigned mapping to the field ZORDER_NO which is there in the lower level.

In the next run I got the data.

Regard's

Balu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balu,

I didn't get you. Please can you tell which field i need to map in my case. Can you give screenshot of your example which field you mapped?

Thanks

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Set it as a constant, or map to the missing field - it doesn't matter particularly what you map, as it is overwritten.

By the way, I notice in your setup a common error. InfoObjects, InfoCubes, DSOs etc. do not have to begin with Z to be in the customer space.