cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encoding of \u2022 in SAP BODS

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement in which I am getting data from SharePoint via API GateWay into BODS. There is some data, For Example : program's success in SharePoint which is coming as program\u2019s success. Also there are case where \u2022, \u2018 is coming. Please help me in handling this issue in Data Services.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

werner_daehn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you sure the data arrives like that, really? I mean as an ASCII String "program\u2019s success"?

I would have thought that the data arrives as an UTF-8 encoded string and the character code pages are not aligned. Will be tough to find out, though.

0 Kudos

Hi Werner, yes the data is coming like program\u2019s success, it is like program's success at the SharePoint

werner_daehn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can we proof that somehow? Example: Call the API with PostMan to show the result from there.

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a custom function calling the replace_substr function iteratively,

e.g.

OUTPUT = INPUT;
OUTPUT = replace_substr(OUTPUT,'\\u2018','\'');
OUTPUT = replace_substr(OUTPUT,'\\u2019','\''); OUTPUT = replace_substr(OUTPUT,'\\u2022','°'); ...
return OUTPUT;
0 Kudos

Thanks Dirk for the help, it is working now.

0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

As I proceeded with the solution but there are more unicode characters coming in like \u07ab and many more. Also a space after full stop is getting replaced with ';' and space after next line is converted to ;. Can you suggest some general solution to handle this. It is not possible to hard code unicode characters as there will be more coming in with a larger data set.

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

These are representations of Unicode characters (right single quote ,bullet, left single quote). make sure to use the right codepage settings for your input filles (under Locale in the File Format Editor).

0 Kudos

Thanks Dirk for your suggestion. I have tried all the codepage settings available but nothing is working. Can you please share some other solution as well