cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Employee search in MSS Team view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our requirement is to add a new criteria (employee by cost center) to the search criteria drop down in MSS Team view.

I have done the following steps in Object and Data provider node in spro-

u2022 Define rules for object selection

u2022 Define object selection

u2022 Define organizational structure views

u2022 Group organizational structure views

The new criteria is now visible in the dropdown, but on selecting the dropdown value no fields for input of cost center are displayed. Are there any settings that need to be done to define the input fields? If yes, what are these settings and where do I do them?

TIA.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diana,

We have a similar request but instead of cost centre we would need the employee search and display employees in the team calendar function based on the Organisation structure (as the line manager may be responsible for more than one organisation units). Did you manage acheive what you wanted? could you please share the solution if you can?

Many thanks,

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diana,

Hard to say what you have done wrong. I did this and I dont remember any problem.

I just followed the instruction given in course HR255.

One thing, you have to check the right for MSS users, they shuld have rights for all objects you want to show in OADP.

Evgeny

Edited by: Evgeny Borzykh on Sep 24, 2009 5:11 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Evgeny,

Thanks for your response.

However, I have not done any settings under the 'Data provider' i.e. i have not defined columns, data views, etc.

Are these definitions mandatory for the display of the input fields?

TIA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diana,

Now I see the problem. And I dont think it is possible.

I recoment you to look at class CL_HRWPC_SEARCH_VIA_SELID. This class used by MSS for employee search. You can see it in IMG Define object selection. Copy and try modify it or find ther class you can use. I hope will work without any modification in NWDS.

All I did was definition rules for object selection where I put my FM for object selection. I did not enter any values the searsh was in the FM.

Evgeny

Former Member
0 Kudos

One good link for you:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPHCM/DifferentfeaturesofOADPbasedonECC+6.0

You can also search for 'CL_HRWPC_SEARCH_VIA_SELID'

Note 1106196 - Configuration of search in Object and Data Provider

Edited by: Evgeny Borzykh on Sep 25, 2009 1:17 PM