Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emailing a report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: hd1

CA Forum: Crystal Reports

Could someone help me out with this question? I have two reports that I need to have

emailed out on a daily basis. The only problem is that there are

certain parameters that need to be met (such as a date e.g. 2007-01-01

to 2007-08-01). When I set up a report to be scheduled, I will run it and then I get an error on the process tab that says: "Error Message: Information is needed before

this report can be processed." I understand I need to enter information so, I was in the Central Management Console and manually entered in the

parameters and sent the report out that way, and it worked.

However, I would have to do this every morning and the reports need to

be emailed at 7:00 am and my shift time is 9:00 am. I would like to be

able to send the reports out automatically. Is there any way to do this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You nailed it, I didn't even see the other report on the list that wasn't prompting for parameters. I was working on this for two days! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, these two reports were getting emailed out somehow but the person that set them up has left the company and once his account got deactivated, they stopped running. This is what was in the subject line: Billable Hours by Month Worked for 2007-08-24-06-30-11. I'm not sure where the 06-30-11 is being entered at. The email came from our Crystal Server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: SKodidine

1. When a scheduled report fails, you dont have to go into CMC each time. Just log into InfoView and then go to History for the report and click on 'Reschedule' for the failed instance and that will bring up all 'parameters' for that report. click on 'Parameters' then enter the dates and click on OK and then on Schedule. This is just FYI.

2. If the dates change everyday for input, then the only way to schedule the report is for someone to actually enter the dates. If the dates are on a particular schedule like all of last week or month etc then you would be better off creating a second version of the report and then having a formula calculate the fixed date range and then schedule this report to run without any parameters. You can leave the original report as is and take if off regular scheduling and let the users schedule it when they want to enter 'non-standard' date range that is not calculated in your report. Just my two cents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I manually entered in the parameter while I was in CMC to email the report out, I couldn't email it out any other way. The dates are not fixed on either report, when the user views the report through InfoView they are prompted to enter in specific dates. I tried just scheduling the report to run every day but once it runs the report it fails because no data was entered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: SKodidine

Why are you manually entering the parameters in CMC? Arent you running this report via InfoView? Are the dates fixed or do you have to manually enter different dates each day for the report to run?