cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECLIPSE - ADD hanatrial.ondemand.com as new server fails

former_member186490
Participant
0 Kudos

In ECLIPSE I try to create a new Server (J2EE Perspective, Server view, New - Server)
I get this error : Cannot reach host [hanatrial.ondemand.com]. Check host name for typing errors and make sure your proxy and network settings are correct
I have captured the network frames using Microsoft Network Monitor. It shows that my computer fails to complete the SSL handshake with hanatrial.ondemand.com (but my computer and the server discuss together with TLS protocol). So it is not a proxy issue.
I have added hanatrial server certificate in my WINDOWS certificate store and also in ECLIPSE \ Remote Systems \ SSL. It didn't change anything.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

AntalP
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Rémy,

Could you include the whole stack trace from ljs_trace file which starts with

" Cannot reach host ..."

In cloud connector the SSL trace can be activated as well

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/FAW7Gg

Best regards,

Antal

Hi Rémy,

Do you have the prerequisite based on the document:

https://help.sap.com/viewer/65de2977205c403bbc107264b8eccf4b/Cloud/en-US/7613f000711e1014839a8273b0e... ?

Best Regards,

Szabolcs

LeonardoGomez
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Remy,

This question is quite old but I'll post my answer anyway as I've been struggling with this as well, and I found a solution by chance. Only for SAP employees, try connecting to SAP's corporate network. In my case it only worked that way. Hope this helps others in the future.

Best regards,

Leonardo.

former_member186490
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks @all.

Ivan, as my laptop and hanatrial server are able to "discuss" together, I suppose it is not a DNS issue.

Antal, I'm not sure why I should use "SCP Cloud connector" as the connection is initiated by my laptop.

Szabolsc, yes runtimes are installed locally, but here I'm trying to declare SCP server in order to call SCP cloud runtimes.

Regards, Rémy

and23_julius
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi rmy.plauchu,

Did you manage to resolve this? I encounter the same issue.

Best Regards

Andre Julius

Ivan-Mirisola
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Rémy,

Did you check the connectivity between your java client (Eclipse) and SCP Trial landscape?

Perhaps your network preferences aren't set so your Eclipse is able to communicate with SCP, even though your browser is capable of such communication.

Make sure the SCP plugins are up-to-date and try again.

Regards,
Ivan

Ivan-Mirisola
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rémy,

Last week I faced similar issues. Guess it was related somewhat to DNS entries - cannot be 100% sure on this (maybe the infrastructure is being changed to conform with upcoming changes).

Today I checked and was able to create a trial SCP server in Eclipse.

Please, make sure you have the most updated version of the plugins in your eclipse and check again, as this perhaps was a similar issue.

Regards,
Ivan