cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Delta Initialization option in Production system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have seen some threads related to Early Delta initialization in this forum. I have a question regarding this option.

To minimize the downtime/block users in the R/3 production system during set up tables fillup I would like to use the Early delta option. Please give your suggestions on the following procedure:

For Sales Orders, billing and Deliveries

1. Initialize Early delta in the BI system.

2. Go and fill setup tables

3. Do a full load to BI

4. Run delta job in R/3 (LBWE)

5. Run delta job in BI Info package

Do we miss any documents in this process for e.g. during set up tables fill up changes to existing documents or newly created sales orders.

I feel we won't miss. All changes will be reflected in Delta queue. And even newly created orders also will be coming to delta queue.

Please let me know if I am wrong.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree.......

U can go for Early Delta initialization...........no probs......

Anyways..........u can check tis SAP notes to reduce the downtime.......

SAP Note : 753654.......... 'How can downtime be reduced for setup table update'

and SAP Note :436393 'Performance improvement for filling the setup tables'

Regards,

Debjani........

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Need Clarification on this thread,

According to my understanding, during the filling of set up table if a user does any posting, then the data available in BW will be incorrect.

am i right?

In your sequence the 4th step

4. Run delta job in R/3 (LBWE), this means you are using queued or unseriallized v3 update.

Early delta iniliazation essentially of no advantage because, as conventional initialization procedures, you can readmit document

postings after successfully filling the setup tables.

can anybody clear my doubt. is it possible during setup table filling user can post a document.

I know the documents will be collected in the queue. But the data loaded to bw will be incorrect right?

Regards,

Anand.

Edited by: araj123 on May 26, 2010 11:41 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Your Flow is correct, but make sure that your DS supports early delta init, as all Ds does not have this functionality.Check SAP Note : 753654.&436393 also.

Hope it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Debjani and Aduri. Thank you for your response. Assigned points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The sequence you mentioned is correct. Ensure that your datasource supports the early delta initialization as not all datasources supports this features.

Thanks..

Shambhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Shambu. My data source supports Early delta.

I have assigned points.