cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Delta Init with Direct Delta Method for 2LIS_03_BF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to reinitialize our Inventory cube.  We are using the Direct Delta update method. 

What is the better initialization option, Init without data transfer and then full load (unlocking the users for the full load) or using the Early Delta Init and not locking out the users at all for the initialization and load? 

The 2LIS_03_BF does support Early Delta Initialization, however, does it work with the Direct Delta update method.

We are on BW 7.0 sp22

Thanks,

Sheila

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MGrob
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Initialization of 2lis_03* should be strictly followed the best practice of sap's "how to handle inventory management scenario" (google it) in order to assure you get the correct value for 0ic_c03.

Do the BX as described and then the BF initialization.

hope that helps

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all,

We will still require downtime for BX and for filling the setup tables for BF and UM.  I was just unsure about the best method of the initialization, init w/o data transfer or early delta.

For filling the setup table for BF, is 2 -3 months of historical data sufficient, or do I need a longer period to ensure all document changes are captured?

Thanks,

Sheila

MGrob
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The trick is the BX does like a physical inventory and therefore everything you load through BF will make sure you have the correct inventory value with plus/minus from the BX marker.

Means it is up to your reporting requirements from business how far back historical data you want to load it will always be correct.

hope that clarifies

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Martin,

Sorry I meant to say I'm only interested in the downtime.  So, I will eventually load all of the history, it's just for the initial downtime for filling the setup table, would I be safe with loading 2-3 months of history in the setup table while the users are locked out.  Is it possible or probable that anyone would be changing material documents prior to 3 months back.

Thanks,

Sheila

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its really hard to say and also depends on the policy of company---If retro is not possible before current fiscal year for any document then loading the data for current fiscal year in downtime makes sense and rest without downtime.

But again its specific to company so better you liaise with the MM Functional consultant.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

AL

former_member202718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sheila,

On the past 3-4 month load ,it will depend on the business/users...they need to confirm it in writing.But not to  the Risk and to follow best practice.

Have you done this excercise in QA and noted the timings and what type of business are you dealing with ?? Is it so critical that User lock out is going to be minimal ?? Check this out.

I would prefer to for queued Delta.

Init Delta without Data

with Full load from Set up table

and

the normal Delta.

rgds

SVU123

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiela,

2lis_03_bf DS supports Early delta initialization , u can go for it.

if  u want to check wheather a DS supports early delta initialization or not then u can follow these below steps.

go to se16

give table name as ROOSOURCE  goto content

provide DS name and execute

If field ZDD_ABLE in the result has value X then the DS supports early delta initialization.

If it has space then it doesn't support early delta initialization.

Hope it may help.

rgds,

Verma..

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

All standard data sources which are capable delta will work for early delta init.

If your client won't accept down time then you can go with early delta init. But better to use Queue delta rather than Direct delta. if your delta records are coming as huge it may impact OLTP system. SAP preferred one is Queue Delta(LBWQ).

Thanks

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It should work with direct delta. Because all the new delta postings comes directly to RSA7 while filling setup.