cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Mail notification about new workflow item in UWL possible?

0 Kudos

Hello,

is it possible to configure / develop in EP 7.0 an E-Mail notification when new workflow items out of a SAP backend (e.g. SRM) arrive in the UWL (Universal Worklist)?

kind regards

Jens Nicklaus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it is possible, you have to use Alerts : [Configuring Alerts in UWL|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm70/helpdata/EN/82/106c449a384db2a4c1909c121693e7/frameset.htm].

Regards,

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pierre,

If I am understanding it correct, this would have to be done in the workflow system and not the UWL / Portal?

I guess one would do the setting in the workflow which will be triggering the task and not UWL.

Thanks,

GLM

0 Kudos

Hello Pierre,

if I understand the dokument about "Configuring Alerts in UWL" right, the aim is to get alerts into the UWL.

But my requirement is to trigger an E-Mail notification out of the EP 7.0 when new workflow items arrive in the Portal's UWL.

kind regards

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

UWL merely bring all the workflow inbox items which get assigned to a user for processing in her business inbox (TCode SBWP in ECC). So my guess is you will have to do the needed changes in the workflow for delivery to the email address as well.

Thanks,

GLM

0 Kudos

Hi GLM,

the thing is:

if you have for example 20 managers in a SAP Backend system (like SRM) responsible for approving shopping carts.

Now the workflow is responsible for sending the E-Mail, that new workflow items are available in the UWL of the EP 7.0.

So far so good, but what is when only 5 of these 20 managers are portal-users? Then it's getting complicated.

I am wondering! The technique can't be missing in the EP. When I create new tasks in the UWL I can be notified by E-Mail, in Knowledge Management I can subscribe to folders and will be informed by E-Mail, and so on.

So I had the idea, it should be not so difficult to provide a notification via E-Mail when new items arrive in the UWL.

Or next step further: I would also appreciate a service which can be subscribed and inform ones a day about the number of new (unread) items in UWL inbox. Reason: manager's working place is the inbox of their E-Mail client. They are not willing to check different inboxes several times a day.

kind regards

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry Jens, wrong link.

There's something about UWL and E-mail notifications in the documentation but I don't know if this is really what you are looking for : [Configuring the E-Mail Notification|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/44/bf8f2069665991e10000000a422035/frameset.htm]. It seems specific to collaboration tasks.

I guess you could use the UWL Java API to develop you own application. You could use the [IUWLEventListener interface|http://help.sap.com/javadocs/NW04S/current/uw/index.html] to listen to UWL events (new items received) and then send an e-mail to the user.

Regards,

Pierre