cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamically passing user role to URL Applications while click on the custom tile

thamiyan
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I actually working on the fiori custom application. In that i have a requirement like need to pass username while click on the custom tile. Hence the tile application type is URL.

I tried with passing some default parameters such as, theme, Language which are all working fine.

So please help me in this like how to pass logged in user name in the custom tile URL dynamically.

Thank you.

Regards,

Thamiyan Arockiaraj .A

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

from your screen-shot, i can see the Navigation type of your application is a Web Dynpro.

I guess your Web Dynpro Application has a parameter for User ID: it could be used as parameter in the Tile or in the target mapping.

Nevertheless, as its value is a dynamic one, i do not know how Launchpad can pass the value.

Other solution is to manage user ID in the Web Dynpro or backend Gateway context, not in the Launchpad.

Regards.

Laurent.

thamiyan
Discoverer
0 Kudos

In fiori lauchpad i have my tile. When i click on the tile which is calling one url in that i have to pass username on it.

For your reference i added image in that url i have to pass username

capture1.png

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

what is your business requirement to have the username at Tile launching?

What is the use of your Customer Fiori App?

Regards.

Laurent.

thamiyan
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

Kindly go through the following blog to understand my requirement.

https://answers.sap.com/questions/12730651/fiori-launchpad-passing-userid-dynamically-to-url.html

Thank you.

Regards,

Thamiyan Arockiaraj .A