cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamically change report rows based on a percentage

former_member968128
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I'd like to create a report that shows list price, sale price, discount (list price - sale price), and discount percentage (discount/list price), organized by percentage.  The source data comes from a fairly detailed and complex universe with sales data.  Without modifying the universe, I was hoping there would be a way to force webi to dynamically create rows based on the each percentage level. What I have right now looks something like this:

List Price     Sales Price    Discount    Discount %

500            485            15          3%

But I'd like to have the report look something more like this, where a separate line is shown for each discount:

List Price     Sales Price    Discount    Discount %

200            198            2           1%

100            97             3           3%

200            190            10          5%

Is there any way to get webi to separate the % values into distinct categories (e.g. treat the discount like a dimension instead of an aggregated formula/measure)?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

Right click on the block --> Go to Format Table --> Display section --> check "Avoid duplicate row aggregation" option and check if you get desired data.

Regards,

Yuvraj

mhmohammed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

Try right clicking on the table -> Format table -> check the box for Avoid duplicate row aggregation and click apply & OK, if that doesn't help, it may mean that you're just getting the aggregated row in the report, how can you split it if you're getting only one row from the database. In that case, you'll have to modify the Discount object in Universe and make it a Dimension and remove the Projection function (Sum) on it, obviously save and export the universe and then try refreshing the report.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Mahboob Mohammed

former_member968128
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I should have specified that the discount and discount % fields are both being calculated on the fly in webi (if that makes a difference)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried using context operators for Each/In etc.

These functions will override the default context/dimensions in the table and breaks the data based on the dimensions given in the formula.