cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic URL iView Navigation (for the lack of a better phrase)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's the hypothetical scenario.

We have a URL iView in the Portal. By default, it points to www.google.com Is there a way that I can navigate to this iView and at the sametime, change what this URL iView is pointing to?

I don't want this change to be perminent. Meaning if the user refreshes the iView, it will be pointing to it's default url.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you looking @ personalization for an end-user?

If not, you mind explaining the scene in more details?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, not end user personalization.

Ok, here's a better way to perhaps describe what I want done. So we have the iView pointing to www.google.com by default. say it's called Search iView.

I would like to be able to have a link from another page (in or out of the portal) that's called "Search for computers". When a user clicks on that link, it will take them to the search iView in the Portal and the iView will now be pointing to www.google.com?search=computers (the link is made up, but you get the point).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Itz strait now.Say you have 2 Iviews.

IviewA displays Google results.

IViewB provides the search parameters.

Using EPCF From IViewB fire the parameters and Catch them in IViewA to build the google url and pass it to the iFrame source.

Let me know, if u need more.

Plz don forget points, if it helped.

Regards,

P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I did something similar to what you were saying before with the .NET PDK. I assume there's a way to do it via java as well. (I will look into this.)

This does however, pose a second problem. Is there a way that we can have the link be independent of the portal? Meaning, I can use an instant messenger or email to send a link, that will ultimately fire the EPCM events in the Portal. I assume there will have to be a middle man of some sort in between.

URL Link with some parameter >> Something to process and fire up EPCM event based on the parameter >> display actual iView

Any ideas as to how I could create that middle proccess to facilitate what I need?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Firing and catching happens only when you are in portal and happens only when u r on the same page.

If u want to catch the fired parameters on a different page in the portal then we use Client Databag from EPCF.

Iam not sure abt this Middle process and think is not possible when u r out of the portal.

EPCF Basically is between Iviews Inside Portal.

Regards,

P.