Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic report name based on the section in webi report

former_member203111
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Webi gurus,

I have a webi report and in that report i have created sections based on the customer dimension, I created input control filters on the customer so that I can select one customer at a time and email directly from the interface using "send report/email as an attachment" as an email to my customers.

I like to send this report to each individual customer separately based on my input control filter criteria.

Is it possible that can I have the same name populated in the attachment of an email and in subject line of the email based on the customer I select from input control.

For example: If I select a customer ABC-1234 from my input control filters and click on send email as an attachment button (as pdf) then on the outlook email the attachment name should populate as ABC-1234

And if I select any other customer such as XYZ-5678 then i should be able to send email with dynamic name of the customer i.e XYZ-5678 in the attachment and subject like.

NOTE: I WILL BE ONLY SENDING ONE CUSTOMER AT A TIME

If somehow I am able to change the name of the report header matching with customer from input control filter selection then this can be achieved but unfortunately i dont know how to write the logic/syntax.

Please help me and advise how can a phrase the webi logic to achieve this requirement.

Will appreciate the help.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

grald_garlatti
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, RON,

I use publication option on project and it's very easy to put in place what you want.

You could address a dynamic file to a dynamic email.

To do that, you need to use 2 Bo report :

- One is your master report (containing all stuff separated by section)

- Second one is a simple table containing only : client number, client email, n°bill ....

Publication take the second report and analyse it to identify fields.

At this step you could take all the list or select somes (to resend it for exemple).

If your first report contain prompt you could pass it on.

You could select format (pdf, excel, mhtml, webi)

And you could parameter senders, body message and the name of your file.

-> %name of field - request 1 - Value%_%SI_STARTTIME%.%EXT%

What you need to know is the field on the second report must have the same and must match the field used to do your section on the first report.

here a sample :

If you have for each section the combo "num client" and "num bill"

Here the table for the second report

num client ; num bill; email

XYZ-5678 ; bill1 ; foo@sap.com

XYZ-5678 ; bill2 ; foo@sap.com

ABC-1234 ; bill3 ; abc@sap.com

The result will be

1 email at foo@sap.com with one file containing bill1 and bill2

1 email at abc@sap.com with one file containing bill3

Regards.

Gérald.

Message was edited by: Gérald Garlatti little patch on sentences

former_member203111
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks alot for this info, really appreciate.

Regards

grald_garlatti
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot... When I read again your case, I though about using a send javascript button who do the follow trick : save the document on pdf and  send it to your client with your approbation.... but it seems too tricky and risky too me.

So I thought about something else like using the sdk or opendocument API.

With opendocument API you could also using a hyperlink with prompt to generate your report directly in pdf. Look at it

former_member203111
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Can someone please reply to my above post.

Thanks and appreciate

Regards

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's not possible to change the report name dynamically when sending the report.

You can explore the option Publication to  send the report as attachment and change the report name/subject line..

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no it's not possible with option "send by email attachment"..you have to change the subject line in email manually before sending the email.

former_member203111
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for the reply.

Is it possible that the name of the attachment could be changed as per the selection of the customer from input control. Please advise.

I can manage the subject line manually.

Thanks