cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Layout Set in Room

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created a room template that contains two pages, one for the end user content and other for the content manager. The only difference between them is the layout sets of the iViews, which have Editing functions for the content manager and on the other page, the other layout sets hide these functions. It works, but my question is:

Is there a way to switch between layout sets on the same page without having to duplicate it and change the iView parameters? I mean, according to the room role of the visitant, can i change the layout set at runtime?

Something like a room extension called ON_ENTER_ROOM that runs in the event of entering the room.

Thanks in advance!

Thiago

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thiago,

> Something like a room extension called ON_ENTER_ROOM

> that runs in the event of entering the room.

No, that does not exist nor it would help you with your issue, for: What would you want to switch in this moment? You couldn't switch the LayoutSet of the iView in question, because if one second later the next one enters the room (with a different role) the property would be switched back.

But: What you want to achieve can be achieved by something we call "proxy iView". It just examins who calls the iView and then forwards the request to km.cm.navigation with the parameters as request parameters. With this, you can dynamically switch between LayoutSets depending on the user.

Search for "Detlev proxy iView" on SDN to gather more details.

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Detlev,

You are right about the extension, hadn't thought about it that way. Anyway, it was just to illustrate the behavior i needed to implement 😃

And thank you very much for the Proxy iView tip! That should work like a charm, i'll dig into the implementation in SDN like you said.

Thanks for the help!

Thiago

Answers (0)