Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Display of report heading from Dimension Filter

former_member192236
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In Design Studio 1.1 with Bex query as source, I need to display the report heading(Text Box) dynamically by taking the filter applied in one of the Dimension Filter.

So i have used like this - Text1.setText(DS_1.getFilterText("<Tech name of infoobject>");

When I select some value for the filter at runtime, I get both Key and Text as the report heading, but i dont want to display the Key but only the Text of the infoobject. How to control this  property ?

Thanks & Regards,

Kesavan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is working for me TEXT_1.setText(DS_1.getFilterText("ZPROJ"));

In the BEx query I have ZPROJ set to "Display as Text"

Please try this with your BEx query

former_member192236
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Thanks for the answer. this is working but there is another similar requirement where im facing an issue.

I need to capture the variable value(only text) entered in the Prompt into a Textbox.

I have used - Text1.setText(DS_1.getVariableValueText("ZVAR_009")

Here i get both Key and Text of the variable value entered in the Prompt. I need only the Text.

The source infoobject of the variable here is "Only Text" in Bex. How to control this?

Usage of getVariableValueExt("Tech name of Var") brings the Key of the variable value.

Thanks & Regards,

Kesavan.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kesavan,

Good to hear

Would you please create a new thread for your second question so other experts may reply?  I am not sure if I have an answer.

Thank you,

Tammy

Answers (0)