Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Cascading Prompts in XIR2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: crystalappu

CA Forum: WebIntelligence Reporting

Hi All,

We are having a problem while using Dynamic Cascading Prompts (DCP) in BO XIR2. While using DCPs and after drilling-down on a value, when we look at the SQL generated, we only see the value drilled-down on and not the higher level values. This is causing incorrect data retrieval. Ex - Lets assume we have a DCP that includes Country, Region and City. If we drill down and choose "C1" for Country, "R1" for Region and "CT1" for City, only "CT1" appears in the WHERE clause of the SQL. If this component "CT1" is used in another Country, the report would reflect wrong results. Is there any workaround by which we can include the higher level values as well in the SQL? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: GregPye

Are you trying to get this working in DesktopIntelligence? It doesn't work. Cascading List of Values assigned to prompts only works for WebIntelligence documents, not DesktopIntelligence..... a workaround would be needed if you want this in DesktopIntelligence, such that the final value that the user selects is indeed a unique indentifier to the city. For example, you could make the City object a concatenation of Region and City... or get the object to display "City (Region)" or something similar I guess....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: amr_foci

hi,, i had this issue with the BP technical ppl,, and the assumed that this option not exist in the business objects enterprise the DCP only can filrter report data based on the details prompt only, they may add it in later versions

good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: tejashree

Did anyone ever find solution for this ? I am having the same problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: Sree Kalyan

Hi,

As far as my understanding goes on your requirement, I hope CR XI will allow us to do as follows ....

include this in your selection formula, it should do the work

= {?Country} and = {?Region} and = {?City}

HTH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: GraemeG

I don't know what the official BO reply would be but DCP's have always been a means of filtering the amount of data to select from at the lowest level - in this case 'City'. This implies that for the DCP to work correctly you have to be able to differentiate between, for example, Birmingham Michigan and Birmingham Alabama at the lowest level. I would love to be told 'No Graeme, thats bollocks' but I suspect that how generated SQL and DCP's work is just the way it is. Sorry!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: fourpoint669

We have encountered the exactly same issue and would appreciate if someone could throw some light on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean SQL which is genertaed by Business Objects application, i know i can edit it. But for each user ad-hoc report how can i edit the sql?

I want it to be done without editing SQl.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: Sujitha

cant we edit d sql?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there no answer for it. Is it a Business Objects Bug in XIR2 ?