Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicates Prompts in webi via BICS connection

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have created one webi report based on the BEx query and in the webi report i have used two webi query based on the single BEx query.

When i insert same Object in the Query filter of both webi queries with same prompt definition it is coming twice in the prompt list.Ideally it should be come as once as object and prompt definition is same.

Same case when Profit center hierarchy is as prompt in the BEx query.if i create webi report based on the two webi query on single BEx query.again Profit center hierarchy is prompting twice in the prompts instead of single time.

Bo Version : BI 4.0 SP02 Patch 11

Any one faced this issue in the webi via BICS connection.

Thanks,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

there are several things that can cause this kind of behaviour

1) Make sure you have the same conditional operator in both queries

for example if one has "equal" and the other has "in"

2) Double check that you do not have any trailing spaces

I usually copy paste the prompt wording if there are any differences you will get multiple prompts

3) make sure your BEx query does not have any prompt on it because these will show up when you try to run against the query in Webi

I have done this kind of thing several time with Bo Version : BI 4.0 SP02 Patch 14 and been able to get it to only show one prompt so it is possible.

Chris

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Issue I am facing while using of Profit Center & hierarchy node in the webi report.

In my webi report i have used two bex queries 180 & 178.in both queries Profit center  & hierarchy node is there as prompt.When i created one webi report with two webi queries( one for bex 180 query & one for bex query 178).I am getting prompts in the report twice one for each webi query.however profit center & hierarchy node are based on the same objects & same prompt definition.

Thanks,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

There is a known issue when using hierarchy variable as prompt, the prompt comes up twice.

Please have a look at the KBA: 1709831 - Hierarchy variables are displayed twice in the prompt window for a Webi report in BI4.0

Thanks,

Madhumitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

KBA: 1674356 - BI40: Identical query filter prompts are not consolidated in multi-query Web Intelligence document based on BEx, may also help.

oliver_uy2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

is the technical name for selection in both bex the same? they need to be the same in order for them to merge in the selection.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

This feature has been enhanced in the later SP04 and SP05

Regards,

H