cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate records when writing data to data store objects - APD error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

when I have executed the APD I got error 'Duplicate records when writing data to data store objects'  but when I checked the data in RSRT for BEx query I have not found any duplicate data.

There is a ABAP routine in APD  and it will fill data for some fields including some DSO key fields.

PFA - for reference.

Please some one let me know the root cause of this issue is really appreciated.

Thanks

Bhaskar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There might be any lookup DSO used to fetch the data for calculation in ABAP routine. Duplicate records should be present in lookup DSO. Maybe this is why it is showing this error.

Please delete the duplicate records from lookup and try to run the job again.

Regards,

Sheetal

former_member223526
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

This is normal issue while using APD.

To resolve :create an new object in the target DSO as Key and write an abap code to update the value of the new objects.

create the objects as NUMC and just increment the values by one for every row updation. This way the new objects becomes the key of the target DSO and you can avoid duplicate records.

Thanks,

Madhu.

Anand71
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you using any key figure with setting do not display?

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try sorting the data for based on the keys and delete adjustment duplicates. If data gets loaded after that, they there must be duplicate record for the same key. If it still fails then the issue is something else, you are just getting the wrong message.

Regards,

Anupama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Until we know what you have in your ABAP routine and if you checked and verified the distinct values in your query for the DSO unique keys, it is really hard to suggest anything.

You say the ABAP routine creates the data including some Key itself, did you check if it is creating some data based which is already in your query.

One sugesstion: Try restricting your query for smaller data and validate that there are no duplicates w.r.t DSO keys and load it. Let us know if that is also failing.

Thanks

Amit