cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

duplicate invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have the following problem that is urgent and has to be solved quickly.

Our Finance department people are processing invoices in the MRHR module and it is allowing them to put an invoice in twice.

I have to display an system message (error) that will not allow them to put in an duplicate invoice.

Can you please let me know the solution and/or suggestions (user exits etc) on how to proceed to solve the problem.

Thank you very much. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

- Vidya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If a user enters a duplicate invoice, the transaction should give a warning (check if invoice already entered doc # XXXX or something like that). This may be configurable to turn it into a hard error.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

Thank you very much for your reply.

As you said, it is giving the warning (Message Number 108) 'Please check whether invoice already entered under account doc. no. xxxxxxxxx'. The requirement is to configure this to a hard error (E).

Can you please let me know how to configure it to hard error message.

We are using SAP 4.0b in our company.

Is this the way to configure it to hard error message

Implementation Guide for R/3 Customizing

- Materials Management

- Invoice Verification

- Define attributes for system messages

This takes the user to "Change View "Control of Messages By The User": Overview

Here we can enter the Message number and configure the Online Batchl to 'I', 'E' or '-'.

Please let me know. I am a technical guy. I don't know much about configuration.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks that way. Try it and see. If it doesn't work, just back out the changes you made.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you very much for letting me know the solutions for the problem.

Mr. Bob Burbank,

Thank you very much. I have configured the warning message into an error message. It solved our problem.

Mr.Sanjay Sinha,

Thank you very much. As you suggested, I have modified the user exit. It solved the problem. Somehow the user was not happy with the solution as it is allowing the user to enter the invoice twice and in the final step is not letting the user to save it. It is serving the purpose. Sir, I have given 8 points (there was no option to enter 10 points).

I appreciate your help. Thank you very much for sharing your ideas.

With Best Regards,

-Vidya

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're welcome Vidya - glad to help.

Rob

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

I think this can be well controlled by ciustomizing . Check OSS note 305201. However if you are not able to control with customzing you can put your custom checks in SMOD enhancement MM08R002 . There are a couple of exits available in this which you can use .

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What transaction are they using and what type of invoice is this? If the system is allowing it, then it is configured that way. Do your users use any reference number when they create the invoice? Is there any validation for that reference and is it mandatory? Why I am asking is that if you don't have a rule that when you create an invoice you have to create it with reference to another document, then it will be very difficult figure out which one is a duplicate, which one is not.

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you very much for your prompt replies.

The transaction we are using is MRHR. It is allowing to generate multiple 'Accounting document numbers' (BKPF-BELNR) for the same invoice (BKPF-XBLNR).

The requirement wants me to display an error message when they try to enter the already entered invoice number again and not allow them to proceed (generate one more Accounting document number) (BKPF-BELNR).

I am a ABAP technical guy. I don't know much about configuration.

I appreciate your help.

Thank you very much,

-Vidya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vidya,

If your functional guys are not able to control it from configuration you can use user exit EXIT_SAPMM08R_001 in smod enhancement MM08R002 to give an error message if an entry of BKPF-BELNR already exists . In this exit you have BKPF available . You can fire a query to BKPF table to see if this BELNR already exist.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Please check if this configuration setting is applicable to you. This is Logistics inbound Invoice verification setting and I don't know if your invoice is a logistics invoice or not. But give it a try.

In config, follow the path..

Implementation Guide for R/3 Customizing (IMG)
-->Materials Management
   -->Logistics Invoice Verification
      -->Incoming Invoice
         -->Set Check for Duplicate Invoices

Srinivas