cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTP< TRANSFORMATION & PSA PROBLEMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus and Experts,

Iam new to BI 7.0,worked extensively on 3.5. I have a master data object with attributes, when iam loading data from a flat file, the data is comming to PSA but not the master data object.

1) can any one please guide me step by step on how to create DTP from PSA to master data object.

2)what are the selections to be made in properties in transformations and DTP.

3)in the infopackage iam not able to view all the options available under the processing tab, only update PSA is highlighted.How can i change this.

4) IN REAL TIME ENVIRONMENT CAN I USE TRANSACTION RSA1OLD, FOR COMPLETE CUSTOMISATION, what would be the consequences.

PLS help me out with my above doubts.I ALWAYS ASSIGN MAXIMUM POINTS TO PROBLEM SOLVING ANSWERS.

Thanx and Regards

Pallavi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) can any one please guide me step by step on how to create DTP from PSA to master data object.

Right Click on Infoobject - Create DTP - Give the required Target which is the datasource.....prerequisite is Transformation needs to be created.

2)what are the selections to be made in properties in transformations and DTP.

Transformations - Mappings are done here , u can make use of Routines, Formulae etc....jst as in 3.X

3)in the infopackage iam not able to view all the options available under the processing tab, only update PSA is highlighted.How can i change this.

In Netweaver 7.0 data can only be sent till PSA using an Infopackage n so all other options in Processing Tab are greyed out n cannot be changed, only DTP can load from PSA further to datatargets.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Thanx for your answers, Ill try them.will you please answer my fourth question, i.e., can i use TRANSACTION RSA1OLD IN REAL TIME ENVIRONMENT.IF SO WHAT WOULD BE THE CONSEQUENCES.

Iam assigining points to you.

Thanx and regards

Pallavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess so but then whats the whole purpose of Netweaver 7.0 where the dataflow is considered efficient.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx. Full Points Assigned.

Answers (0)