cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTP issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I have a question regarding a dtp delta. I have a DSO which has millions of records in it. and there is a cube on top of it. i dont want all that data in the cube. and on daily basis i ONLY want a certain currency type '10'. ok. so, i broke the data loads in to many pieces by using multiple dtps (Full loads). and i had already stopped loading the dso. so now the data is all loaded in my cube and i want to enable the delta dtp again with the currency type '10' so how should i do that? can i do a fake delta load and then enable the regular delta load of currency type '10'? please let me know.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can do a fake delta load by running Delta DTP-->Without any Filters-->Execute tab( delta fetched but no data transfer option). This will bring 1 dummy record. Don't worry on this...

Now change your delta DTP with filter as Currency type =10. Then your regular DTP will load smoothly.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Just to be more clear, attached is few screenshots to show the options.

1. Run the DTP with delta option, and in the Execute Tab select ->"' No Data Transfer', Data status in source: Fetched" look at the screen shot.

You can execute the DTP with these options first and then you can change the DTP to regular Delta with your required selection screen input.

The above option is as good as " Delta Init with out data transfer".

Regards

Shankar

former_member182346
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Agree with Suman,

Run the DTP with no data transfer, so that the reference pointer in the source will be set, and any new records (delta) can be taken care by your required delta DTP.

Thank-You.

Regards,

VB

ravi_chandra3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Create a delta DTP  with your required data selection.