cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTP error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

i am executing DTP and system raising invalid characteristic value error. some fellow told me to use t-code:/nRSKC to fix the problem.but the system stiil raises the error.could some guy help me in this.

regards

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Juice suggust,it works if entering the chinese characters in RSKC.but there there to many field value with Chineses character. i wonder if there is a better way to solve the problem. There is still another problem. why the data stored in PSA is normal,but the error message text shows nunormal.i mean the value is changed into unknown machine code,such as ÉϺ£Ò溣ÉÌóÓÐÏÞ¹«Ë¾ , ect.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you guys! I'am a fresh man here and i desire to work it out cauz it's my first time to create a report in BW .

How to solve the problem if it's due to invaild Chinese character ?I work on bw Ver3.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes,the source data has succesfuly transfered to PSA.but while it updating the cube,it raises the error.if there is a problem while transfering the field value with Chinese character or sth ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It would come sit in PSA with no fail, it only fails when you load in into IO/MD tables.

Yes it is due to Invalid/Chinese chars.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI again.

The data in the PSA will be loaded according to to its appearance from the source. It will not mark it as incorrect because there is no check for invalid characters when loading up to PSA. From PSA to Cube/ODS, there will be checks for invalid characters.

Please try entering the chinese characters in RSKC and see if it works.

Hope this helps,

Juice

Former Member
0 Kudos

i check the error message,almost all the record raise the error message with 'Á¬ÔƸÛÊн»ÐÐ ',etc. but the data stored in PSA is normal .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Data is normal in PSA and only the error message shows it differently ?

How does the data look in source ?

See if you can get some insights from :

/people/sap.user72/blog/2006/07/23/invalid-characters-in-sap-bw-3x-myths-and-reality-part-2

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Thomas,

In transaction RSKC, paste ½¨ÐÐÔÀÑôÊгÇÁêí¶Ö§ÐÐ (each char is separated by, ). Make sure that you also have ALL_CAPITAL in the field. Try to reload and see if this works.

Hope this helps,

Juice

Former Member
0 Kudos

the message is you are trying to to load the invalid characteristic value ½¨ÐÐÔÀÑôÊгÇÁêí¶Ö§ÐÐ .

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the error message/value ....can you paste here so we can try help you ?