cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dso Key feilds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody

I am desigining a dso and the question is can i have the keys figured out for dso without looking at the data and the primary tables in R/3/Ecc keys. Somebody was telling me that look at the requirements or the cube its feeding that will give me the idea. I am not sure about that. Besides i am pulling all the feilds from a standard data source as it is and then feed it to a cube all of it.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mark

If you use Cube requirement as base for DSO build, you may end up creating summarized DSOs, which is not the purpose of DSO( high granularity). So functionally find what are the fields which have unique for every record and put them as key field....example...PO number for PO orders and few more fields you can chose for. This will build DSO with high granularity and later you can update to the cube

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Thanks for the answer

but i still have a question can any of the key feilds that are part of the key can have duplicate

values because together they might still make a unique key and hence a unique record. Can you clarify

And also the cube dso is going to feed to is also getting all the data from dso as it is. And this dso is feeding to a standard business content cube. Is there a way looking at that cube i can tell what the key feilds will be

Thanks

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

A duplicate of a key field is possible which means a combination of all the key fields should be unique. There is no dependency on the key fields of the DSO to the Cube, the data in the cube is always aggregated to the lowest level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

but i still have a question can any of the key feilds that are part of the key can have duplicate

values because together they might still make a unique key and hence a unique record.

Yes, even after having all keys as keyfields , records may still get overwritten which shouldn't happen.

Start off some keys first ( keys in the table ) and see if you are missing records, may be take help from functional folks if you are finding it hard to decide wot keyfields to go with.

Ex : We had to have 20 keys for GL ODS ( 15 + 1 artificial key - > acts as 5 )

And also the cube dso is going to feed to is also getting all the data from dso as it is. And this dso is feeding to a standard business content cube. Is there a way looking at that cube i can tell what the key feilds will be

All chars are keys in a Cube and only Keyfields are keys in an ODS.

If you are missing a key in an ODS records will be overwritten/missing in the ODS itself , so you may not really worry abt keys in Cube.

If you are missing a char in a Cube, it just gets aggregated your dollar amounts will add up tallying to the values in the sourcesystem.

Answers (0)