Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAP Community Downtime Scheduled for This Weekend

DS & IPS Database & tools

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I'm installing a test system with Information Platform Services 4 , SAP Data Services 4.1 and Information Steward 4.1
I have successfully  installed SAP IPS 4.

My issue is with the integrated database : i have selected the packaged database during the installation and have Microsoft SQL Server 2008 installed.
But now i'd like to install SAP Data Services and have to create a Schema , User and rights to create my repository.

But there is no tools available. I've tryed to install SQL management studio but i have incompatibility : what are the best practice to deal with this issue ? Install another tool ( Toad, ... ) ? 

In the  Data Services 4.1 install guide there is mention of a bundled DB2 Workgroup database ? Should I use this ?

Where should I download the media ?

Thanks a lot for your inputs.

Guillaume

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

paula_augedahl
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Guillaume,

There is a KBA 1530972 - How to use a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express database for a local repository - Data Services 4.0 that details the steps to use SQLCMD to create the database.

KB can be found at http://service.sap.com/xsearch.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks,
Paula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Paula, this solved my issue.
Just one more question : is the sql 2008 express instance too small for a big installation ?
What is the DB 2 database ?

Thanks again

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guillaume,

Please share the exact "SQL Server error" in SAP Business Objects IPS Server.

Thanks,

Daya

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no exact " SQL server error " simply no option on the microsoft sql server 2008 management studio 64 to add management tools - basic to the existing installation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The bundled package does not have SQL Server Management Studio, you need to install it separately. Or what you can do is install the full version of SQL Server 2008 R2 and configure with DS 4.1 during the installation.

After installing SQL Server Management Studio, you need to setup a user or retain the default 'sa' user and create a database. While installing SAP DS 4.0, you have to choose this database as the default repository which has the admin privileges.

Arun

former_member612715
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guillaume,

First of all, you have to check what is the incompatibility when you install SQL Server management studio. Is your machine 32 bit or 64 bit. Is management studio the right version. If your machine is 32 bit then install the right version of management studio. Once you fix it then you will be able to create schema, repository etc. as long as you have enough privileges. BTW, Are BODS server is Linux or Windows...just wanted to know because if you fix the above what i said you should be good.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the fast answer.

I"m on Windows Server 2008R2 64 BIT.

i've tryed without success both 32 and 64 bits versions of management studio. I thought i might be some issue with express / runtime / bundled particular version delivered with IPS...

former_member612715
Participant
0 Kudos

What is the exact error are you getting and at what point?