cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drill Down Subreports

Former Member
0 Kudos

<p>This seems like a basic thing to do but ...</p><p>I have 3 levels of reports: 1 master, 1 sub-report with its own sub-report. This is supposed to be representing a table system where table 1 has a parent/foreign key for table 2 which has a parent/foreign key for table 3.</p><p>When I generate the report, I can drill down from the master (table 1) to the sub-report (table 2) but there is nothing there for me to drill down to table 3: it just isn&#39;t there. If I run table 2 as the master report I see its table 3 sub-report. This works only if table 2 is the master report but not if it is a subreport for something else (i.e. table 1).</p><p>I am using VB .Net 2003 Crystal Reports .Net. Is this some kind of a limitation or should this be possible? The subreports are in the Details section.</p><p>Thanks<br />Tony</p>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately crystal reports do not support sub-report in another sub-report.

But to get a three level of hierarchy in crystal reports, it allways better to insert group as the 1st level of hierachy in the main report. In the sub-group section, insert a sub-report having 3rd level of hierarchy.

This worked for me...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Yes, I thought I might have to do this. Wasn&#39;t exactly what I wanted, but actually the drilling down didn&#39;t really seem to be that useful in my case anyways, so putting the 2 top levels into groups worked out just fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can acheive the same by using hyperlinks instead of subreports.

The command for hyperlinking reports together that I use is as follows:

"http://myserver/crystalreportviewers11/viewrpt.aspx?id=17776&prompt0="'"'{?@i_BOMType}'"'"&prompt1="'"'{? @i_PlanId}'"'"&prompt2="'"'{?@i_Branch}'"'"&prompt3="'"'{sf_standard_cost_report;1.Item}'"'"&promp t4="'"'ToText ({?@i_AsOfYear})'"'"&prompt5="'"'ToText ({?@i_AsOfPeriod})'"'"&prompt6="'"'{?@i_CostMeth}+'" '

Make sure the value of parameter is surrounded by double quotes or ".

Put the above command on main report and put id=yoursubreportid in place of 17776. Then in your subreport, put same command again to call itself. This will give you an infinit drill-down.

In the above example, I have six parameters. Change these to match your parameters. If you want to prompt the parameters, put ? infront of promptn such as &?prompt0=value&?prompt1=value etc. Otherwise remove this ?.

In the above example, I am passing all of my parameter values from my parent report except for Prompt3, for which I am using my current value.

Thanks,

zaki ahmed

www.oracular.com

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a very big problem. I dont know if I can link 6 levels of subreports with Crystal Reportx XI and VSTUDIO .NET 2005. Please help me.

thanks