cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

draw a horizontal line across the crystal report based on the length of field value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have crystal report which has fields including Employee Name, Project Name, Project Summary, Due Date and start date.  All these fields have single line value except project summary. Each project has different lines of summary- some has 2 lines and some has 5 lines. How do I draw the horizontal line across the report in a way that it sits at the last of summary line.? If I draw below 2 lines it cuts off the other project summary and if i draw below 5 lines, there will be extra space. I think i need to make it dynamic but how? Is there a way to do this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soaltee,

If these fields are on the Details Section, insert a Details b section and place the horizontal line on this section.

-Abhilash

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved it. Thank you both!!!

samratmuddasani
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Soaltee,

If you are grouping the data, then you are draw a line at the bottom of group header or footer (where ever necessary). As you said you have many lines in Project summary you can use Can Grow option. for that, Select the Field, then need to right click on the Project summary and select Format field option. Under Common Tab you'll find the Can Grow option which will avoid the display of incomplete project summary and overlapping of the line.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks,

Samrat Muddasani

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you draw a line at the bottom of the footer and if you have a field in the same section 'that grows', the field could potentially overlap the line.

Hence, the line always has to be in its own section.

-Abhilash

samratmuddasani
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yes Abhilash,

I was meant the same..   "The line has to be in its own section."

Thanks,

Samrat Muddasani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, fields are in detail section and for project summary, 'can grow' is checked in .I tried putting line under the group header but that didn't work.

Now how do I insert detail b section? Sorry, I am  beginner to crystal report