cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading a CBTA script

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is it possible to download a CBTA script in any format from a SOLMAN Server.

Regards,

Mohar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Hello Mohar,

I found a way to download CBTA scripts. You can choose the same way like eCATT scripts can be downloaded.

But - as you know - CBTA is currently not working for us because of a known bug SAP will fix with Patch 6 for CBTA. So I am not sure if this works as expected but at first sight it looks pretty good.

Here is the way it worked for me:

First of all you need an eCATT Script where you reference the CBTA Scripts you want to download. Now use this instruction to download the referenced objects of this eCATT Script: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/a9/2b643c95095d58e10000000a114084/content.htm

I was able to select the CBTA scripts as well as the eCATT Scripts. Now you have the CBTA Scripts in an xml Structure on your hard drive. To upload them you can use the upload functionality in the transaction SECATT.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/a9/2b643c95095d58e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

I hope my description is detailed enough. If you need any further instructions please let me know.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for the reply. But I have already thought of this idea, but if the number of scripts are huge say around 400 to 500 than for every CBTA script I have to create a eCATT script referencing the CBTA scripts.

This will increase un necessary number of eCATT scripts.

Any other option as like HP QTP etc....

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Mohar,

have you though about the Automation of the download process via eCATT or CBTA? This could help if you don't find any other possibility.

Good luck and best regards,

Christoph

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess it should be working if you create one single eCATT Test Configuration which uses one single eCATT Test Script, and only from this Test Script, you reference all your CBTA Test Scripts. To be tested.

I will send this thread link to the responsible developer for transporting these objects.

As far as I understood, CBTA assets (TEst Config, Test scripts) are eCATT objects so there are transportable. However, with first versions of CBTA (SP0 and SP1 I believe), data staored in the CBTA repository and that are linked to these transported objects don't get transported along (which should not be a major issue as the Change Analysis feature that should be reading thesedata, is not implemented yet).

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Christophe

christelle_scott
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Mohar

so I will come back to the very first question: is it possible to download a CBTA script from Solman.  I would say that the functionnality is available from SECATT but, interested by the topic you posted I performed few tests...and...the ECATT download/upload has unfortunatelly not been enhanced for both TCE (so any script created from TCE) and CBTA. That means that meta data for TCE and CBTA are missing (in opposite with the transport...but which does not correspond to your use case). I would advise creating a css message so that TCE & CBTA take care of the pbm.

hope this reply answer your question...

kind regards

Christelle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohar

I am not sure this is possible, only way could be use only expose to pass inputs to export and import parameters.

check out https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000049262013E

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Thanks for the reply..... But my thinking was related to the reusability of the CBTA scripts. Like if I prepare a repository for the CBTA scripts of standard SAP T codes, then the same scripts may with a little modifications can be used for multiple clients during the testing phase.

Regards