cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Portal Sources *.ear in NW 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is a portal project (NW 7.3) already deployed and I want to download it with sources.

How can I do it?

With NW 7.0 I have done it always with "System Administration->..." (par files) but I cannot do it in NW 7.3

and I cannot find this *.ear file with search in portal folders.

Regards,

Vladislav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member246153
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Download the EAR file from the server location - /usr/sap/<System_ID>/JC<instance_no>/j2ee/cluster/server0/apps folder

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks, but there are no projects in this folder.

Regards,

Vladislav

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vladislav,

@Srinivas: You are talking of a 7.0 structure, but Vladislav is looking out for 7.3...

@Vladislav: The EAR itself won't be archived after deployment; you'll find the content under /usr/sap/<SID>/J<INST-NR>/j2ee/cluster/apps/sap.com/<application-name> (the WAR, unpacked as well as packed, including sources if they have been packed into the EAR, then under /servlet_jsp/<application-name>

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

My problem ist now to create ear project which I can deploy and run.

There is a *.war file from Server which I have copied from server directory, it works fine (is deployed).

When I create *.ear project with this *.war I can also deploy. (Import *.War file)

But i get runtime-errors (Parsing of *.jsp file), some objects in *.jsp are not found.

I get also some static errors in *.jsp in *.war project, but I can compile it successfully. I don't want to change sources, because they already work on NW 7.3.

(customized masthead project)

Do you have any suggestions?

Regards

Vladislav

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vladislav,

This is a bit more complicate (and yes, I would think SAP should extend the NWDS possibilities for this!).

Keep in mind that the application you are talking of is a special kind of WAR - it is a "WAR packed portal project". But there is no import wizard for WARs for portal projects. BUT there is an import wizard for the EAR.

So, create a new ZIP file and put the WAR into that file and name this <appName>.ear. This you can import now. Keep in mind that, just as importing PARs in 7.0, the lib JARs and private/lib JARs are not imported, but you can put them into the corresponding folder manually.

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have imported *.ear file (correct file from another project which runs well on NW 7.3) in NWDS 7.3 as a project, but I

1) cannot create new *.ear file (export *.ear), without any errors the expected file is not created in project's structure.

2) I still become errors in sources but when I additionally import all necessary libraries (to build path) I get no problems with "imports" anymore but I have stills unresolved errors in the code.

For example:

a) there is no such function for Utils ("getSearchComponentName")

b) IPortalComponentURI cannot be resolved as the type

String searchComponentName = Utils.getSearchComponentName(currentRequest);
IPortalComponentURI componentURI = componentRequest.createPortalComponentURI();

The original ear file runs well, when it is deployed (without creation of project in NWDS from it and any modifications).

How can I create the correct *.ear file to be deployed?

Regards,

Vladislav

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vladislav,

> imported *.ear file (correct file from another project which runs well on NW 7.3) in NWDS 7.3 as a project

There are two EAR-importers, under "Java EE - EAR file" and under "SAP NetWeaver Portal - EAR file". As long as we are talking of portal applications, the latter is the correct one. It seems that you have taken the first one...

> I have stills unresolved errors in the code

From the concrete problem you describe, you seem to have used the wrong import wizard.

> IPortalComponentURI cannot be resolved as the type

That for example needs <classpathentry kind="var" path="SAP_EP/resources/prtapi.jar"/> in .classpath, but if you use the correct import wizard, that entry is created automatically.

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

no, the project was correctly imported with Portal EAR Wizard.

There are libraries such as prtapi.jar in the build path

but for example IPortalComponentURI is not imported in source.

Regards,Vladislav

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vladislav,

> IPortalComponentURI is not imported in source

?! It is part of the reference I showed above. Check .classpath, if it is in it. It works for me like a charm (NWDS 7.3 SP05).

Regards

Detlev

Answers (0)