cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubts on XML Form Builder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am very much confused with this Form Builder, i have been through help.sap.com but no clarity.

can you please correct me if i am wrong

As for my understanding what i have understood is:

Initially we are creating a project(Provide: name & ID) --> create Edit form --> create renderlistform --> then finally show form --> now click on generate Project and finally save it (Dont know where it is being save).

now when i have been to this location in km content:

folder-->new -->forms(here i find my created project, when i click on it displays my Edit form)

now as per some documents we need to create two Iviews:

1.Authoring Iview

2.display Iview

maintain these properties:

> Path to initially displayed folder : /documents/myNews

> Path to root folder for Navigation: /documents/myNews

so here i have created new folder(myNews) under documents, in order to point the iviews to this folder.

now my doubt is how do we provide the Edit form for authoring of autorised users(employees for editing and updating) and how do we provide show form to other employees.

help me out i am very much confused with this scenario.

I have been through many documents so i am able to create Edit form, item rendering form and show --> generated the project and saved the project.

but how am i supposed to display this form to employees????? please clear me on this concept...

Thanks in advance....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abdulbasit
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a KM Navigation IView for /documents/myNews and set the layout set for NewsBrowser for end-users and another KM Navigation IView with layout set NewsExplorer for authors.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a KM Navigation Iviews which points to /documents/myNews , Now create a custon layout set or use news browser layout set for users (who need to see the news and cannot create) and for other users who can also create or edit news , a new layout can be created or news explorer layout set can be used.

For creating a custom layout .

Duplicate a default layout say News Explorer. and name it as Custom_News_Explorer.

this can be used for the users or gorup with create and edit option.

Duplicate this and make another layout, say Custom_News_Browser.

Click on Collection renderer > Displayed Properties

here you can see entries like rnd:icon,rnd:displayname(noWrapping/contentLink/maxChars=30)+rnd:action

the "rnd:action" is for the context menu option please remove this.

You can also customize your colums of navigation iview this way.

Hope this to be helpful.

Reward points if helpful.

Regards,

Nitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer these two documents.

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/405ecc31-5709-2b10-4286-a7576865b1b9]

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/00a1b963-5809-2b10-3695-ff1126393446]

Hope it helps

Regards

Sweta Sharma