cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt : What is the Exact use of Product/SWCV in an integration process?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi XI Gurus,

The XI Documentation(Regarding SWCV) says "All design work is organised By SWCV.This makes sense, as interface logically belongs to a Software component Version"

DOUBT 1 :

What is the Exact Use/Role of Product/SWCV in an integration process? - Is it ONLY for DOCUMENTATION purpose? ie., to just understand the underlying Software used ? OR DOES it have a Technical say in the way the Business System behaves ?.

DOUBT 2 :

What will happen if I create a junk Product(I mean something Meaningless), a junk SWCV BUT while creating a Technical System(I choose Type as WEB AS) BASED on the Junk Product/SWCV ,I give VALID hostname etc...I then create a Business System with data valid data .

Now i have created a TS & BS with Valid HOSTNAME & CLIENT etc. BUT based on the junk Product/Junk SWCV.

NOW in integration dir.,will i be able to configure this Business System as Service for Sending IDOCS/FILE(or anything for that matter)?

If It will work then That means The product/SWCV IS ONLY for documentation purpose.Please rply in detail !

DOUBT 3:

When I import the junk SWCV INTO the IntegrationRepository

& choose import of RFC/IDCOC & give valid connection details to a SAP System , Will it import the RFC Regardless of the Junk SWCV I am using ??

DOUBT 4 :

Business System A(Sender) : SAP R/3(For Example)

Business System B(Receiver) : APO (For Example)

ASSUMPTION : Business system A & B have DIFFERENT SWCV.

Now Which Business System's SWCV do I import in my Integration Repository ?The Sender's or Reciever's ?

and Why ??

It would be great if anyone can help me out.

Thanks,

Arun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

>>> What is the Exact Use/Role of Product/SWCV in an integration process? Is it ONLY for DOCUMENTATION purpose?

yes

>>>NOW in integration dir.,will i be able to configure this Business System as Service for Sending IDOCS/FILE(or anything for that matter)?

there are some values which you have to fill correctly

(inside the business system for example and the technical system too I guess) but

>>>That means The product/SWCV IS ONLY for documentation purpose

this is truth

but create them like this:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/10/registering-a-new-technical-system-in-sld--abap-based

don't use any "junk" ones

>>>& choose import of RFC/IDCOC & give valid connection details to a SAP System , Will it import the RFC Regardless of the Junk SWCV I am using ??

sure

>>>>Now Which Business System's SWCV do I import in my Integration Repository ?The Sender's or Reciever's ?

both - you can define data types & rfc in the

relevant SWC and mappings and the rest in only one of them

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal/Michal...

Thanks for the immediate reply !!

1 last doubt regarding the replies sent :Just wanted to confirm

">>>>Now Which Business System's SWCV do I import in my Integration Repository ?The Sender's or Reciever's ?"

"both - you can define data types & rfc in the

relevant SWC and mappings and the rest in only one of them "

In that case If I import 2 SWCVs(1 for the Sender & 1 for the receiver),Then I will have to create 2 Namespaces .

so in SWCV of Sender A,I will create objects specific to Interface A &

in SWCV of Sender B,I will create objects specific to Interface B BUT CAN I create the Message/Interface Mappings in anyone of the SWCVs? ie., will I be able to use object(created in different namespace) in another SWCV/Namespace?Is that fine ?

How is it in REALTIME ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey arun....

firstly, everything depends on ur scenario....generally we create only one SWCV and asiign all the data typeas and message types... Etc....

thers a concept of usage dependency in SLD in software components , so by defining them u can certainly use them as u require between 2 differnt SWCV...

but generally one SWC is enough for a general scenario...

regards..

vishal

P.S : assign pts if answer found helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun

I guess you have a lot of basic questions, check this pdf and it should answer most of your basic questions.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3172d290-0201-0010-2b80-c59...

cheers

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal/Michal/Sameer,

Thanks for helping out.....

Regds,

Arun.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi arun..

>>>>>DOUBT 3:

When I import the junk SWCV INTO the IntegrationRepository

& choose import of RFC/IDCOC & give valid connection details to a SAP System , Will it import the RFC Regardless

yes....

>>>>DOUBT 4 :

Business System A(Sender) : SAP R/3(For Example)

Business System B(Receiver) : APO (For Example)

ASSUMPTION : Business system A & B have DIFFERENT SWCV.

Now Which Business System's SWCV do I import in my Integration Repository ?The Sender's or Reciever's ?

and Why ??

...generally, u import only ofr Sender business system cos tht is the system wher u have defined all the objects for the scenario...

and integration process for Receiver is defined..

>>>DOUBT 1 :

What is the Exact Use/Role of Product/SWCV in an integration process? - Is it ONLY for DOCUMENTATION purpose? ie., to just understand the underlying Software used ? OR DOES it have a Technical say in the way the Business System behaves

the product defines the name genaerllly, the SWCV definesd within the product...there can be many SWC in an product...so an SWC is the smallest component in an product...

>>>>>DOUBT 2 :

What will happen if I create a junk Product(I mean something Meaningless), a junk SWCV BUT while creating a Technical System(I choose Type as WEB AS) BASED on the Junk Product/SWCV ,I give VALID hostname etc...I then create a Business System with data valid data .

Now i have created a TS & BS with Valid HOSTNAME & CLIENT etc. BUT based on the junk Product/Junk SWCV.

NOW in integration dir.,will i be able to configure this Business System as Service for Sending IDOCS/FILE(or anything for that matter)?

If It will work then..

...YOU WILL BE ABLE TO.....

REGARDS...

hope it helps...

vishal