cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doing a Delta update twice on same DTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have loaded my DSO from my PSA using delta update.

Now i have modified the keyfigures of one record in PSA Maintenence and i want to load this record to the DSO overwriting the former record.

SAP does not allow me to create 2 separate DTPs using delta update.

If i execute the same Delta DTP twice, no records are added.

Can someone suggest me the proper way of updating my DSO with the modified record in the PSA?

Thanks in advance,

Nitish.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181964
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Delete the Request in DSO and Modify the Request in PSA and then Execute the DTP. You can't get the data if you run DTP Two Times, only first time you can get, so you need to get new Request in PSA then only DTP will pick that Request in to DSO.

Thanks

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

First many thanks for your advices.

Indeed, i can't execute the delta DTP twice, because i had already executed the Delta DTP once based on SID of request on PSA.

The same DTP will indeed not fetch any data from PSA using the same SID since it knows that the data was already fetched.

As per your advices, I can delete the request from the DSO and execute the DTP again. This works indeed. However i wanted the DSO keep its erroneous data record as well, so that i could monitor that change in the change log table of the DSO, in terms of before image and after image concepts.

So in short, my PSA had a record with a keyfigure amt 70. This was loaded into DSO using a delta DTP. Now I corrected that record in PSA changing the amt from 70 to 80. I wanted to execute the DTP again, so that it could update that record into DSO.

However, if i delete the request in DSO, i will lose the erroneous record in DSO, so i will not be able to track the change in DSO.

I am thinking, since the DSO has already the erroneous record, i delete that record from PSA and then i load into PSA again with correct value. Since a new SID will be generated, i can execute the DTP again with a different SID.

Regards,

Nitish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am thinking, since the DSO has already the erroneous record, i delete that record from PSA and then i load into PSA again with correct value. Since a new SID will be generated, i can execute the DTP again with a different SID.

See.. you need not to delete that record from PSA.... Create another IP and flag it as "Repair full" and give the selection parameters to extract particular record. and edit it in PSA and run delta dtp... In your dso -changelog will have both images .. the record will overwrite the existing one

Former Member
0 Kudos

Instead of creating a new IP, I just executed the IP again. It fetched the data into PSA again with a new generated SID.

I just corrected the erroneous record in PSA for the new SID and executed the Delta DTP again.

It worked.

Thanks everyone.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Instead of creating a new IP, I just executed the IP again. It fetched the data into PSA again with a new generated SID.

I just corrected the erroneous record in PSA for the new SID and executed the Delta DTP again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitish,

Yes it is true that we cannot create two Delta DTP's at the same time.

You can follow the below step:

1. Delete the request that has already loaded into DSO. If it wont allow you to delete the Green status, then you will have to delete it by forcefully making it Red.

2. You have already corrected the data in PSA. So now you can run the Dellta DTP now. It will take all the Delta records from PSA

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

It won't allow for another delta dtp.

Make sure you delete the req from the DSO

edit the record in PSA and save and run the delta dtp again

Edited by: Srinivas on Jul 13, 2010 2:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

If filter do not work in DTP , delete the bad record from PSA

Selectively upload the record from infopack.Correct it again.

Without filter the same DTP in delta will fetch only the newly corrected record.

yogesh8984
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you use the filter in the DTP to pick up the only required record?

Regards,

Yogesh