cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Auto-update button refresh after certain interval of time/Live data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the use of Auto-update button? Does the Auto-update button refresh after certain interval of time/Live data?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

I_MCA
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Jenifer

I refer you to section 4.7 of the AOLAP User Guide and also to the online help in the product ("Automatic Layout Updating").

By default the "auto update" is on... this means every action you take in AOLAP will cause the crosstab or chart to be automatically updated with the latest data. Each update can result in a short delay, depending on the amount of data, network load, server load etc.

However, if you know what data you want but it will require several steps to get there, then you can click on the "Auto Update" button to toggle it off. Now you can drag on hierarchies, apply filters and sorts etc... but the data will not be refreshed after each step... thus saving some time.

Once you have the Layout as you desire, toggle on the Auto Update and now the crosstab and chart will be updated to reflect your collective changes.

Kind Regards

Ian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jenifer,

It's basically a pause the query button. In other words, if you know that you need to do a couple of actions and don't want to wait for the data to be returned, you can turn "auto-refresh" off. Then, you could add a couple of dimensions to the rows and turn "auto-refresh" on and see the results of the query. It is a manual action and not related to any timed intervals.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Philip