cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Service vs Mobile Documents and Mobile Services vs Mobile Secure

0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

SAP HCP provides a lot of services and besides there are developed new ones. I am a little confused about two of them.

1. Document Services (or Document Repositories) on HCP vs. Mobile Documents (now accessed from HCP and also available via Mobile Secure(?)

2. Mobile Services on HCP vs. MobileSecure (MAM part)

What is exactly the difference between them? When should they be used, in which context?

I would appreciate some explanation.

Best regards

Beata

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Beata,

Trying to clarify the first point you mentioned, the Document Service is an HCP Service focusing on handle unstructured content. It is, so to say, the Database for files and folders, doesn't matter how many and how big they are. You get an API if you want to build an HCP application that has this need.

Mobile Documents is a product that solves different purposes, like: secure share files, mobilize your on-prem ECM systems, distribute important documents to your employees and provides you in addition to an API, a bunch of ready to use clients for web, desktop and mobile. It is available in on-premise, HCP and as part of the Mobile Secure offering, in all situations getting the same user experience.

For more information: SAP HANA Cloud Platform Content Services

Best regards,

Corneliu

0 Kudos

Hello Corneliu,

Thank you for the clarification. If I understand it correctly, we could shortly say that the Document Service is about the storage of the documents while the Mobile Documents are about the processing the documents. so both services can complement each other.

Best regards

Beata

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Beata,

I guess the simplest answer would be: HCP Document Service is a _technical_ service exposing APIs which you can leverage to develop and build your own applications and deploy and run them on HCP. Whereas SAP Mobile Documents is a ready _product_ enabling you to access your business documents instantly on any device. For more information about it, please check .

HCP Mobile Services on its turn enables simplified _mobile application_ development, configuration, and management. See SAP HANA Cloud Platform Mobile Services.

HTH!

--Vlado

0 Kudos

Hi Vlado,

Thank you. It makes sense

Best regards

Beata

Answers (0)