cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Flags not showing on Web Excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using BW3.5 SEM4.0.

Documents are added to cells in planning layouts.

Documents flags are showing up on web and BEx reports. They are also showing up on non-Excel web planning layouts, and Excel Gui layouts.

The flags are, however, not showing on Web Excel layouts. Althought the document could still be viewed, if you know which cell they are located in.

Is there a solution to this? Thanks for reading.

William

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Marc. I am sure lots of us would be very interested in hearing more details on this workaround. Would this issue still exist on 2004s?

William

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this out. The solution was proposed by Rael Bethlehem :

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Olivier. And "good job" again to Rael.

William

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have a related problem: I set up BPS to handle the documents (and I already tested it, it works fine).

My 4 characteristics are WBS element, version, fisc per, and material.

Now, I am just creating a web reports that should also display these documents. What do I have to adjust in the Query designer? Do I have to restrict the report to exactly this combination to see them?

(I have tried Query properties ->Display ->Display Document links, it shows icons per column, but does not display any BPS document I created)

any help is appreciated

thanks,

martin

former_member93896
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi William,

this is a Microsoft problem. The Excel Web Component does not support icons on the sheet. Therefore the document icons can not be shown in this case.

A workaround would be possible by formating the cells differently.

Regards

Marc

SAP NetWeaver RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to display the document Icon on teh webm you have yo set the Excel Web Component as false in your layout attribute.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

I have the same problem, but if you use the WeB Layout (no web-excel layout) the document's flag is show.

There isn't any alternative solution for this problem.

Regards

Davide