Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document cant be retrieved from File repository server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

BO XI 4.1 SP 6

We are facing a strange issue,

We have  production environment in which daily recurring webi  schedules run  without any issues.

Now  once we promote any report ( Issue is not with all reports ) but for some it is ( and the reports are not fixed)

from a Lower environment to production , the Schedule tends to fail intermittently with error "Document cant be retrieved from file repository server".

Although If I refresh the report it runs fine , a new schedule also is fine

This is very sporadic and not finding any pointers as to what might be causing it.

Requesting Inputs.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205064
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How often are you clearing the WPS cache.?

These intermittent scheduling issue is due not clearing WPS cache.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rounak,

Not sure If WPS  cache would be causing this ,but that is a one good pointer.

Suspecting this Because the report is refreshing fine , Only the existing  schedules tend to fail out.

I will surely give a try on this though

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raunak,

Not finding the appropriate way to clear the WPS cache .

Do you have link or If you can describe here ?

Thanks 

pavan_k11
Active Participant
0 Kudos

1207029 - How To Clear The Web Intelligence Report Cache [VIDEO]

1923119 - How do you prevent the Web Intelligence Processing Server being stuck in the "Initializing" state on startup?

former_member205064
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check SAP note 1903736 for your issue and 1820190 for cache removal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

BI 4x. <installation directory>:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\Data\Server name \storage\storage\docs

Delete only the subfolders under the DOCS folder. DO NOT DELETE THE DOCS FOLDER. Pls take a backup before doing any deletion.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kultar ,

Can you try by opening and saving the report in prod . By doing this , the file gets the current version info attached to it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sateesh,

This can be done , but we Promote on a daily basis , and doing this daily is not a good option,

and What is confusing to me is . that  when the same report is working fine previous and after promotion  the recurring Instance tend to fail.

My understanding is that a promotion will update the report in Input how ever the recurring instance would be kept in output Filestore ( i might be wrong here ) , so when we are promoting we are promoting the Report through Input to Input ( where Ideally It would be updating ) .

Is there some other way to  anayze may be logs , or something

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check if there is any network latency between your BO servers and Filestore? Does the filestore exists on your BO server or SAN?

Former Member
0 Kudos

the filestore is on the same Server we have SIA On , so  I think we can rule out this