cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do workbooks with Macro be embedded in web template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have arequirement where I nee.d to embed a workbooks with macro in WAD.

has anybody worked on this .Can this be possible. Will the macro work in web template

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't see why you couldn't embed a workbook in a web template and have it execute in your browser.

You will need the URL to launch the workbook, and I guess you could get this by creating an iview, pointing it to your workbook, then launching that iview. From there you will have the URL to use.

The tricky part will be in getting Excel to launch inside your browser window. Again, I am sure this is possible. We made settings on one of our previous projects to force Excel to open in its OWN window, so I don't see why you couldn't make the same settings in reverse to force Excel to open in the same window.

If you get that right, then simply create an iframe in the HTML of your template, and point the iframe to the URL of the workbook iview.

What's an iframe?

http://www.google.co.za/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&hs=Ptk&defl=en&...

Forcing Excel to open in the browser?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q162059 - this link shows you how to force the user's computer to open an Excel document (workbook) in Excel. You will have to get your users to change this setting to open the docs in Internet Explorer.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Andrew

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can not add workwooks to WAD

but you can do the changes that you have done in workbook using modify_table property or javascript

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can not add work books to wad.

instead you can do the changes output as workbook results using javascript or abap code

there is table proprity (modify table) having one class, where you can write abap code to change output