cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have the correct Licenses?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We develop using Visual Studio 2010. We downloaded the free integration module for VS2010 to develop an application. This has been deployed to a production server for which we downloaded the free Crystal Reports runtime (v13).

Is this properly licensed and if so, where can I get the appropriate license agreement?

I did call the support number but was advised I should post a question on here instead.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I moved your query to the "SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio" discussion forum.

The runtime is free - for windows apps and web apps - intranet. Extranet web apps need additional licensing and you will have to contact sales for that. Sales ph: 866-681-3435

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've just spoken to sales and they said I would need to purchase a runtime server license.  However, on this page:

http://www.sap.com/solutions/sap-crystal-solutions/query-reporting-analysis/sapcrystalreports-visual...

It states:

Reporting for Server Applications

A server application allows more than one user to access the reporting engine either directly or indirectly through any middle tier application.

You are free to deploy server applications that embed the runtime engine internally within your organization at no additional charge.

To deploy server applications to third parties, written authorization from SAP is required. You can get authorization by registering your application online at no extra cost.

How do I register my application with SAP?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See my earlier reply:

The runtime is free - for windows apps and web apps - intranet. Extranet web apps need additional licensing and you will have to contact sales for that. Sales ph: 866-681-3435

- Ludek

Answers (0)