cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribution of data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BI experts,

I have to create a planning function which is used to distribute the 'quantity' data from 'product sub group' to 'material' and from 'material' to 'periods'. I know that we have to use distribution functions. but I am in a confusion regarding the procedure for implementing this in BI Integrated planning. Can any one suggest me regarding the step I have to follow and the fields to be selected for changing and conditions.

waiting for ur reply....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ragav,

Thanks for ur response.

actually, we have to distribute like this.

we have product subgroup, material and periods. it looks like this...

Product subgroup | <b>Quantity</b>

Material |<b>Quantity</b>

Periods |<b>Quantity</b>

-

PSB1 <b>100</b>

M1 <b>50</b>

1 <b>4.1</b>

2 <b>4.1</b>

3 <b>4.1</b>

M2 <b>50</b>

1 <b>4.1</b>

2 <b>4.1</b>

3 <b>4.1</b>

PSB2 <b>200</b>

M3 <b>200</b>

1 <b>16.6</b>

2 <b>16.6</b>

3 <b>16.6</b>

as an explanation regarding this...

we have two product sub groups and 3 materials and as usual 12 periods.

For product sub group we have 100, which has to be distributed to 2 materials i.e.. M1, M2. and for each material we have 12 periods. by which for material M1 value 50 has to be distributed to 12 periods, so for each period it come to 4.1.

so, i what to use distribute function for this in order to distribute 100 for PSB1 to M1 and M2 and for each material it has to distribute to periods.

So, I want to know what are the fields i have to select in condition and for changed in Integrated planning and any other inputs i have to give in order to achieve this.

waiting for ur reply...

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you give me some idea of the dataset would look like which you need ot use for distribution?